Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I have a 1200 dollar laptop that takes like, 10 minutes to boot. The bloody hard drive needs to go.

Life has been a drag without a SSD in the system, there is a need to upgrade the laptops storage.

With only 120 GB of SSD storage there isn't much room. I also have a HDD but it's an old Laptop one which is unbearably slow. So having that SSD would be super cool.

And I think that by now everybody knows why you should have SSDs: because of DAT SPEED. Seriously thou, booting from SSDs just make the PC as a whole more enjoyable.

As ssd's become more affordable, all that speed becomes more accesible. That said, ssd are still a lot more expensive than hdd (comparing similar capacities). So i would not mind getting a free ssd.

A SSD is essential for systems right now. The boot time is greatly reduced, and many applications start way faster. It makes for a far better experience overall.

My current rig:

CPU :Intel I7 4790K , MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VII , STORAGE: Plextor m6e 256Gb + WD Black 3Tb, GPU(s): 1x ASUS STRIX GTX 1060, PSU: Corsair RM1000 , CASE: Fractal Design S.

I personally want one because well there is no way I can afford an ssd of even 120gb. Having an ssd might just be (well in my eyes) a luxury thing but still very handy for load times :]

I suppose everyone should have a ssd as it would be the "next step" up in terms of storage options?

Because Apacer is a new brand for me and want to try and review if it is good product or not. If they need me to tell people It is a damn good excellent Product then i i should have this ssd.:)

Im using some crappy hdd from like 4 years ago in my system. The ssd would be great for a boot drive and to keep blender and photoshop on.

I broke my back and tore my wallet trying to build a modern gaming and productivity computer, and for all the HDD optimization for Windows 8, I can still cook myself a three-course dinner in the time it takes for Adobe Premiere to launch on my hard drive.

I think everybody should have an SSD in their system because they should have a lengthy coffee break after they finish their work early, thanks to a blazing-fast SSD, rather than up to seventeen coffee breaks in between when their SSD looks at the target programs to open and throws a fit.

Also, I'd like to be less acquainted with ALL of the loading screens in any game.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

There is no comparison between hdd and sdd so everyone should have one :)

Hello, my opinion about SSD is that windows will start alot more faster :D, no more tractor sounds, faster write and read speeds ! And it wont brake if you would shake it :D !

Would be really cool to win one, I'd keep this for myself and give my actual 120Gb SSD to my father, he's running on an old slow laptop HDD with serious problems, calls me every time the PC gets stuck, which is almost always.. Is that enough of a reason? Lol

I am the one who knocks.

Considering the fact that i only have a 500gb HDD, a 240 SSD especially for a gamer like me who can't afford to buy new components every several months or maybe years is a great upgrade. As a gamer I am sick of loading screens in GTA5, BF4 that take minutes and i think we all are (and that applies to all the games) and a SSD is a must in this case, also the boot time is reduced which is a great thing if you just came home and want to enter  a game and chill almost instantly. The downloading speed is another factor that comes into the discusion because here in Romania we have one of the fastest internet speeds in the world  being surpassed only by Japan and Hong Kong. I pay like 15 USD and i can download with over 90Mbps which is dirt cheap comparing to other countries and I also get telephone and television services. At the moment upgrading to a higher speed is possible( the one I use is the cheapest) but I won't do it because my HDD isn't capable of doing more than this as the next internet speed i can get is 300Mbps and I think a SSD is much more suitable for that kind of speed.

In conclusion I recommend a SSD for anyone who is a gamer, has a high download speed, works with softwares that require some horsepower to work properly we all know that you have to wait a long long time to start a certain aplication (you can even take a shower while it's loading) or simply wants his computer to boot faster.

I just built my own rig for the first time and this would be a fantastic addition to it.

I would really like one of those SSDs because I mess around with Linux quite a lot, and possessing one would mean that I would be able to partition multiple Linux distributions. It would be a really big hand if I got one. I love SSDs because I do not see the point of using 60 year old storage Technology in modern day computers.

My Desktop is awesome with one exception: the storage.  I have a 3TB HDD that is slow as dirt and since I've been spending my limited resources upgrading other parts of the system, I haven't had a chance to get a decent SSD.  Everyone out there has some sort of bottle neck in their system and a good SSD is the key to keeping your storage from being a major bottle neck.

Can I still has?

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

On 08.02.2016 at 9:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I have a crappy pc, an sdd would speed it up.

A ssd is usefull when you need fast acces time to some files  ex:windows files.

My main PC is a Core 2 Duo @ 2.00ghz laptop so an ssd might increase the performance, just a bit.

The Tech Geekster sticks again!

Main PC: Dell Latitude D830 (C2D@2.00GHZ, NVIDIA QUADRO NVS 140)

I have 140 active mods in Skyrim and it takes about 30 seconds to start. Having an SSD would really help!