Haswell or slylake

TehAmigos

I want to build a PC, my old trusty laptop is not up to the task anymore,my budget is around 350€, btw everything here is a little bit expensive, I was thinking to buy a pentium now and upgrade to i5 later,same thing with the gpu.Should I go with haswell g3258 and upgrade later to an i5 4690k or go with a skylake g4400 and upgrade to an i5 6600k? I will only use it for gaming(not so serious) browsing and cad 

If you can get the Skylake setup close to the same price as the Haswell setup, then that's what I would recommend. The 6600K is typically overpriced today, but at some point supply should catch up with demand and allow the price to get back on track (it's supposed to cost the same as the 4690K). Then when you upgrade you'd have a more modern system for not much of a premium.

take the skylake, by the time you come to upgrade 1150 cpus may be scarce

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

I am planning to build it in a couple of months and I choose the g3258 just for the over clock

5 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

If you can get the Skylake setup close to the same price as the Haswell setup, then that's what I would recommend. The 6600K is typically overpriced today, but at some point supply should catch up with demand and allow the price to get back on track (it's supposed to cost the same as the 4690K). Then when you upgrade you'd have a more modern system for not much of a premium.

The 6600k is just 5€ more than the 4690k here. Also should I buy a z170 mobo?

5 minutes ago, TehAmigos said:

The 6600k is just 5€ more than the 4690k here. Also should I buy a z170 mobo?

Yeah if you want to overclock you'll want a Z170 board. The non-Z overclocking workarounds have issues.

I know about the non z over clock problems,so I should go with the g4400 and a z170 mobo now and upgrade to an i5 6600k later

That would be my recommendation. It's not that the 4690K and a Z97 motherboard would be terrible, but IMO you might as well get the newer platform with a little extra performance and newer features.