Creating own Bot

ColdDigital

Hey,

How could I create a bot for twitter? When a certain account tweets a certain word, it would send a notification to my phone, or send me an email saying "Alert" or something like that. For example: If Linus says something like GTX Titan or #GTXTitan in his post, the bot would notify me either via mail or notification. The bot would refresh the site (twitter @-LinusTech) with an interval of bout 3 minutes, this would go on until I quit the actual bot or state a time interval, for example "Search for this "GTXTitan" in every post on Account LinusTech, between now and 4 weeks or when I quit the bot. Notify me by email or notification if this happens, with phrase "ALERT: GTXTITAN"".

Would this be possible?

Thanks

<-----><-----><-----><-----><-----><-----><-----><-----><-----><----->

Cold

Can't you follow a hashtag? 

I know nothing about twitter though. 

1 minute ago, PlutoNZL said:

This would definitely be possible, and fairly easy to do. Take a look at the Twitter API: https://dev.twitter.com/rest/public

Id most probably need to know some programming language to do this, correct? If so, which one?

<-----><-----><-----><-----><-----><-----><-----><-----><-----><----->

Cold

1 minute ago, ColdDigital said:

Id most probably need to know some programming language to do this, correct? If so, which one?

Yes, I don't know how you could do this without writing a script/program. This would be possible in most (if not all) programming languages. Creating a small script in Javascript/NodeJS would probably be easiest. In fact, there is even a NodeJS package for querying Twitter: https://www.npmjs.com/package/twitter. I've never used it, but it looks like it is exactly what you want.