Opinions on these HDD

Flowey

So I'v got pretty much everything for my build BUT the HDD's. I wanted to buy 2 HDD so that I can RAID 1. I've got an SSD as a boot drive. In the far future I want to RAID 10 by buying 2 HDD of the same model again. I'm hesitating between 2 wd blue 1tb 7200rpm and wd black 1tb 7200rpm. I really like the extended warranty on the wd black.

So I just wanted to know what do you think of my choice? 

Is it worth paying more for the warranty (2 years vs 5)?

Am I getting the best product with Western Digital?

Are 1tb HDD worth it for a build I'll be mostly gaming with?

Thanks a lot guys

5 minutes ago, Flowey said:

So I'v got pretty much everything for my build BUT the HDD's. I wanted to buy 2 HDD so that I can RAID 1. I've got an SSD as a boot drive. In the far future I want to RAID 10 by buying 2 HDD of the same model again. I'm hesitating between 2 wd blue 1tb 7200rpm and wd black 1tb 7200rpm. I really like the extended warranty on the wd black.

So I just wanted to know what do you think of my choice? 

Is it worth paying more for the warranty (2 years vs 5)?

Am I getting the best product with Western Digital?

Are 1tb HDD worth it for a build I'll be mostly gaming with?

Thanks a lot guys

I think WD has the best HDD drives out right now, and im sure a lot of people will agree with me on that. It probably wouldnt be a bad idea to the 5 year warranty, even though the drive will be a little slower (Blue is a little slower than Black, even at 7200rpm each). As for capacity. It depends on the games you play. I have a 3tb HDD in my PC now and i have only a little over 1tb of space on it. But i have a lot of games and data on it. You will probably be fine with 1Tb if you dont have lots of games (newer ones can be large like GTA V is around 60GB)

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Blue is a bit slower than Black, but also quieter. But really, it's kind of a tossup and up to you on that. They are both really good drives, though!

I would go with the 2 1TB WD Black drives because there a little faster but louder and i have one myself and i had no problems with it so far. And also im getting another one because i'm running out of space on my single 1TB.