Would a fx6300 bottleneck a r9 380

KSores

Yes in CPU demanding games. But not by a ton. Unless the game can only use 1-2 cores, then the bottleneck will be much larger.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Just now, KSores said:

What about ark, minecraft and fallout 4?

Fallout 4 is not going to do well on most CPUs, the FX 6300 is going to preform as you would expect an i3 would in those games. Though minecraft might be worse than a Core i3. 

7 minutes ago, connorpiper said:

Fallout 4 is not going to do well on most CPUs, the FX 6300 is going to preform as you would expect an i3 would in those games. Though minecraft might be worse than a Core i3. 

So I should of got a it instead? 

3 minutes ago, KSores said:

So I should of got a it instead? 

If you have not purchased a FX 6300 already. I would suggest a Core i3 4170 because it preforms the same as the 6300 multi-core wise (In games) and better single core performance. Plus you can upgrade to a more powerful CPU on a Intel board. While the FX 9590 is nothing compared to a 4690K in games. 

2 minutes ago, connorpiper said:

If you have not purchased a FX 6300 already. I would suggest a Core i3 4170 because it preforms the same as the 6300 multi-core wise (In games) and better single core performance. Plus you can upgrade to a more powerful CPU on a Intel board. While the FX 9590 is nothing compared to a 4690K in games. 

What this guy said, the FX (while I've suggested it recently for a niche build) is on it's way out.  The i3 Haswell is just slowly starting to get replaced by Skylake, which means deals will be cheaper and especially in the future if you upgrade to say an i5-4440, etc.

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

i3-6100 is a really nice budget option too. 

With skylake upgradability. 

Just now, Alexokan said:

i3-6100 is a really nice budget option too. 

With skylake upgradability. 

If a motherboard and RAM can be found for cheap. Then yes, I would do that. 

Depends on game as always. To get some direct answer go on youtube and see for yourself. 

AMD's single core performance is behind intels, sometimes it can mean only few unnoticable frames, other times it could be 10.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE