Getting DDossed

Festive

So... Im kinda getting ddosed by some salty 15 year old right now and I need help figuring out how to go about stopping this.. Suggestions?

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

Just now, Festive said:

So... Im kinda getting ddosed by some salty 15 year old right now and I need help figuring out how to go about stopping this.. Suggestions?

Turn off your router. Wait 30 mins, turn on router. Download VPN, then log into skype or whatever application got your ip resolved

I dont use skype and I think he got it off of a forum maybe?

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

Will tunnelbear work?

•  

change your ip

192.168.1.1, Locate MAC Clone adress if your on a linksys router and find something that seems like this, Change a variable and salty 15 year old no more.

User Defined Entry:  :  :  :  :  :    

First, how do you know you are getting DDOS? Knowing what data you have can help increase suggestions.

Second, what ISP do you have? Also, what modem/gateway/router?

A easy work around for most is to change the WAN MAC address on the router and reboot everything. This will change your public IP which should the attack. However, how did this 15year old get your IP? Could they just get your new IP?

PS. unplugging your router or rebooting is unlikly to fix the issue. That will just renew the IP you already have. Unless your ISP has a VERY short DHCP rotation, you would need to keep your modem off for 2+ days for the lease to expire. 

just change your IP

either restart your router/modem or go into your default gateway settings and change it there

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Trikein said:

First, how do you know you are getting DDOS? Knowing what data you have can help increase suggestions.

Second, what ISP do you have? Also, what modem/gateway/router?

A easy work around for most is to change the WAN MAC address on the router and reboot everything. This will change your public IP which should the attack. However, how did this 15year old get your IP? Could they just get your new IP?

I know because as my internet came on after 10 mins of being off, a friend messaged me asking if I got hit offline. I told him yeah and he said he knew because some guy came on our teamspeak server and said he was hitting me offline. I was not on teamspeak at the time so I dont believe he got my IP from there and the way we have it set up is that only high level admins can see user ip adresses.

ISP: Comcast 

Router: Qualcomm Atheros Ar938x

•  

4 minutes ago, Festive said:

I was not on teamspeak at the time so I dont believe he got my IP from there and the way we have it set up is that only high level admins can see user ip adresses.

So you don't know how you got it? I wouldn't use Teamspeak with that group anymore until you figure it out. 

The Atheros Ar938x is a wireless adapter, not a router. What model is your main wireless router?

Would it be an Arris TG862?

•  

A friend said this was the guys ip (198.144.105.41), could i report this to my isp or something.

•  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2016 at 6:11 PM, Festive said:

That's not your router, that is your wireless card.

On 2/4/2016 at 6:20 PM, Festive said:

Would it be an Arris TG862?

Yes, that is your router.  TunnelBear WILL work, TunnelBear is a VPN.

On 2/4/2016 at 8:11 PM, Festive said:

I know because as my internet came on after 10 mins of being off, a friend messaged me asking if I got hit offline. I told him yeah and he said he knew because some guy came on our teamspeak server and said he was hitting me offline. I was not on teamspeak at the time so I dont believe he got my IP from there and the way we have it set up is that only high level admins can see user ip adresses.

ISP: Comcast 

I would go to DSLreports.com and post in the Comcast Direct Forum. I would imagine Comcast would be slightly pissed about some one attacking on of their subscribers. They might do some legal action. Or maybe be able to block the traffic. I would say to call, but over the phone support falls short. At least with the direct forum, you will be talking with a corprate employee out of Philly, they tend to care more too. Besides that Im not sure if you can clone your mac address on your computer. I know in the past this could have given you a new IP address from the DHCP server. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

it stopped withing an hour thanks guys

•