What cpu do I need to host 2 minecraft servers?

me and my friends have been playing on and recording videos my minecraft server and i decided i want to host it locally i tested connection and that does not seem to be a issue (i have 6mb upload) i want it to be able to do 3 things at the same time

host a vanilla server with 1-4 players online usually around 2

host a modded server with same amount of players online

and host a website which i dont think a crazy amount of people will visit

i am on a uber budget but what hardware should i be looking at ?

would a g3258 be enough?

That pentium should do fine, though an I3 may be better because the OS will use some CPU. 

and at least 4 GB RAM

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

a g3258, no. You'll want at least a quad if you're running 2 servers

You are going to want a i3 because you will need hyper threading so you can have 1 thread per task. So with the 3 tasks and the OS taking one, an i3 is your best bet.

2 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

That pentium should do fine, though an I3 may be better because the OS will use some CPU. 

and at least 4 GB RAM

1 core per server.... and sharing a core with the website.... not going to run well...

Just now, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

1 core per server.... and sharing a core with the website.... not going to run well...

Why i recommended the I3:

1 thread per server

1 for the website

1 for the OS, whatever it may be

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Maybe a Athlon x4 860k would be a better choice? 

If cores are that big a priority, the FX-6300 would actually do quite well. 

Minecraft servers dont need amazing single-thread performance, and it allows the website to use multi-threading. 

Solitaire. 

3 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Why i recommended the I3:

1 thread per server

1 for the website

1 for the OS, whatever it may be

a vanilla server uses 4 threads
a modded server can use up to 8

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

21 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

and at least 4 GB RAM

4 GB of ram to host TWO minecraft servers, and a website??? I'd think even 8 would be on the lower end for that. Hell why don't we just throw in an old dual core AMD cpu while were at it. And maybe run all of this on windows 98. xD

edit: (And put it all in our trusty cardboard box case, of course.)

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

2 minutes ago, Tmt97 said:

4 GB of ram to host TWO minecraft servers, and a website??? I'd think even 8 would be on the lower end for that. Hell why don't we just throw in an old dual core AMD cpu while were at it. And maybe run all of this on windows 98. xD

I found that a (heavily) modded MC server with 10 people on it used less than 1GB of RAM

Solitaire. 

1 minute ago, Smite said:

more cores the better here, just like memory. 

Then go with an AMD FX-6300 or FX-8320

Solitaire. 

14 minutes ago, KSores said:

me and my friends have been playing on and recording videos my minecraft server and i decided i want to host it locally i tested connection and that does not seem to be a issue (i have 6mb upload) i want it to be able to do 3 things at the same time

would a g3258 be enough?

So a 860k and 8 gb of ram can do the trick? 

16 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Then go with an AMD FX-6300 or FX-8320

Your forgetting about hyper-threading which AMD doesnt have. As said before a vanilla server uses 4 threads, modded server can use 8. AMD cpus don't have hyperthreading which would mean an fx-6300 wouldn't have half the required threads for a modded and vanilla server(12 threads total.) Not to mention theres also a website in the mix. Fx-8320 is better but still isn't coming close to fulfilling the requirements. This really needs a 4 core cpu with hyperthreading and decent single core performace IMO.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Just now, Tmt97 said:

Your forgetting about hyper-threading which AMD doesnt have. As said before a vanilla server uses 4 threads, modded server can use 8. AMD cpus don't have hyperthreading which would mean an fx-6300 wouldn't have half the required threads for a modded and vanilla server(12 threads total.) Not to mention theres also a website in the mix. Fx-8320 is better but still isn't coming close to fulfilling the requirements. This really needs a 4 core cpu with hyperthreading IMO.

But these servers dont need to be performing at top capacity. 

2 threads to the vanilla, 4 to the modded, and 2 to the website would be fine. 

Otherwise you need either a Xeon/opteron or dual CPUs

Solitaire. 

I've got a machine I use to occasionally host a heavily modded MC server, G3258 and 4GB RAM and it really struggles when generating new terrain. You'll want at least a quad core with hyperthreading I would say, and 8GB of RAM

10 minutes ago, Enderman said:

a vanilla server uses 4 threads
a modded server can use up to 8

10 minutes ago, Tmt97 said:

edit: (And put it all in our trusty cardboard box case, of course.)

both of these are very  accurate. Your not going to be able to do what you want with a pentium. Whats your total budget?

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

12 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

But these servers dont need to be performing at top capacity. 

2 threads to the vanilla, 4 to the modded, and 2 to the website would be fine. 

Otherwise you need either a Xeon/opteron or dual CPUs

They don't need to be running at top capacity? Orly? I didn't read that at all. The op asked for a cpu that can handle a vanilla server, a modded server, and a website. I didn't read anywhere stating that he was also ok with the server lagging to hell. If were gonna advise him we should be providing a CPU that can actually handle the load he is describing, not something that "kinda" can.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Just now, Tmt97 said:

They don't need to be running at top capacity? Orly? I didn't read that at all. The op asked for a cpu that can handle a vanilla server, a modded server, and a website. I didn't read anywhere stating that he was also ok with the server lagging to hell. If were gonna advise him we should be providing a CPU that can actually handle the load he is describing, not something that "kinda" can.

23 minutes ago, KSores said:

would a g3258 be enough?

Solitaire. 

1 minute ago, Tmt97 said:

Agreed

Just now, KSores said:

My budget would be like 400 ando I am open to buying used

Yeah man not to burst your bubble but thats probably not gonna happen. Why not just rent some space from somewhere? A highend VM from an actual company would be MUCH better. 

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

From my experience you don't want to go for the bare minimum for a MC server, I pretty much stopped playing on mine when there was more than 3 people on it due to the strain it used to put on my machine.

1 minute ago, Cvdasfg said:

Agreed

Yeah man not to burst your bubble but thats probably not gonna happen. Why not just rent some space from somewhere? A highend VM from an actual company would be MUCH better. 

What if I forget about the website?