Not receiving notification from quotes

Unhelpful

I'm not receiving notifications from quotes. Not sure if it's from anything else. I'll follow this to test.

Shitty bug-ridden garbage. Missing functionality, bugs rampant... This is an alpha. Please stop being so stubborn and just revert it. Even if that is a lot of work. This forum is NOT READY, regardless of how great it looks.

Also sometimes when I quote someone my previous quote gets stuck in the box and I have to delete what I have in the post to start new. I have to put the users name.

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

I'm not receiving notifications from quotes. Not sure if it's from anything else. I'll follow this to test.

Shitty bug-ridden garbage. Missing functionality, bugs rampant... This is an alpha. Please stop being so stubborn and just revert it. Even if that is a lot of work. This forum is NOT READY.

How bout now?

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

1 minute ago, Stardar1 said:

How bout now?

I did from that. I didn't from anything in this thread:

I appear to be receiving other forms of notifications, likes for example. Well friendlys.

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

I did from that. I didn't from anything in this thread:

What browser?

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Just now, Stardar1 said:

What browser?

Checked with Chrome, IE, and Firefox. The quotes aren't in my notifications.

Just now, JoeyDM said:

Checked with Chrome, IE, and Firefox. The quotes aren't in my notifications.

is there a notification center where that can be toggled? there is a chance it was toggled unintentionally. 

Solitaire. 

7 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Shitty bug-ridden garbage. Missing functionality, bugs rampant... This is an alpha. Please stop being so stubborn and just revert it. Even if that is a lot of work. This forum is NOT READY, regardless of how great it looks.

How about PMing a Mod about your issues before ranting in the forum. It is against CS to rant.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

6 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

is there a notification center where that can be toggled? there is a chance it was toggled unintentionally. 

3 minutes ago, DEcobra11 said:

Look at your notification settings JIC they got changed by some reason

I already checked. It's enabled. It's only for some quotes, or every quote on one thread.

6 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

How about PMing a Mod about your issues before ranting in the forum. It is against CS to rant.

Oh be quiet, this is the subforum to report bugs. I'm reporting bugs then ranting/legitimately complaining at the bottom.

Why are we all forced to be beta testers for half-baked software? 

3 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

I already checked. It's enabled. It's only for some quotes, or every quote on one thread.

Oh be quiet, this is the subforum to report bugs. I'm reporting bugs then ranting at the bottom.

:P 

Not sure why your complaining anyhow, I see no issues with either Edge or Chrome.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

5 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Not sure why your complaining anyhow, I see no issues with either Edge or Chrome.

I'm complaining because, while I love how the forum looks, it's bug ridden for a ton of people, and it's missing normal basic functionality. They needed to take a few more months, instead of making us beta-testers.

We are looking into this issue. Other members in that thread did get notifications, so I'm not sure why you didn't.

25 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

I know that the new forum isn't perfect, but no upgrades are ever perfect. This is not an alpha - a lot of bugs have been fixed since the alpha. There are a lot of things about this new forum software that are massive improvements over the previous version, both in terms of bugs that were present in the old version and have now been fixed, and in terms of new or improved functionality. We are working to resolve as many of the bugs as we can, though unfortunately some of the editor bugs are very difficult for us to fix.

It is not possible for us to revert the forum without losing all of the data since the upgrade. The site was down for 22 hours to complete the upgrade - about half of that was the server changing things to make it support this new software. Since the upgrade, background processes have been running upgrading posts so that they are displayed correctly, but they would break if we tried to revert.

Even if we could revert though, I don't think that we would - although there are some issues, the change has mostly been for the better.

HTTP/2 203

17 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

<snip>

If I could click on both informative and agree in the rep options I would. Hmm ... maybe that could be a suggestion? (wishful thinking)

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

56 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Okay. Didn't notify me of that either.

1920x1080 vs 2560x1440 is actually objective. Is this objective? It seems like it's just preferences where they both have advantages, whereas 1920x1080 vs 2560x1440 is objective as long as you have the horsepower.

Were you notified about this as a quote, or just as "mortis commented on"?

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, JoeyDM said:

This is far better from Alpha. But feels times like Beta after bigger update. Those tend to break everything for week or two until dev crew gets things in order. In a way this feels like vBulletin 5 again.

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

How about not? This and Suggestions are monitored by mods. No need to spam their inboxes about stuff that isn't concerning security.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Even if we could revert though, I don't think that we would - although there are some issues, the change has mostly been for the better.

How has it been for the better other than appearance (again it looks fantastic) actual user functionality has been lost. I understand bugs, bugs happen in an early release... But we lost the classifieds, lost the ability to report a member (can be duct-taped over), do we have the ability to see topics created by other people anymore? And, as @Syntaxvgm noted a few days ago, we lost a lot of function of the "content I follow" list, and no that isn't what we currently have. It sorted by most recent reply and allowed you to sort however you wanted. Subscription lists are incredibly basic. The new editor, while being WYSIWYG is nice, is buggy. Again, I get bugs... But it is particularly frustrating. 

Other than appearance, how is this for the better?

8 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Were you notified about this as a quote, or just as "mortis commented on"?

I wasn't notified on this. Just mortis commented on.

Just now, JoeyDM said:

How has it been for the better other than appearance (again it looks fantastic) actual user functionality has been lost. I understand bugs, bugs happen in an early release... But we lost the classifieds, lost the ability to report a member (can be duct-taped over), do we have the ability to see topics created by other people anymore? And, as @Syntaxvgm noted a few days ago, we lost a lot of function of the "content I follow" list, and no that isn't what we currently have. It sorted by most recent reply and allowed you to sort however you wanted.

Other than appearance, how is this for the better?

Classifieds is being actively worked on, and will hopefully be reimplemented soon.

Reporting a member wasn't used massively often, though it is annoying.

You are able to view all topics created by a member since the upgrade, and topics posted prior to the upgrade will be added to that list when they have been rebuilt (probably a couple more days).

Content I follow has been moved to an activity feed - click the tick to mark it as default so it shows up just under the nav on every page.

There have been significant back end improvements with the update, which should make the forum faster and less prone to bugs, as well as making it much more extensible, allowing for the custom plugins (advanced reputation, two factor authentication, etc).

You no longer get a notification every time someone replies to a thread - just one notification to say that several people have.

The software is being actively supported, so bugs are actually being fixed (before, it was just security fixes).

Status updates and comments now support rich text.

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Classifieds is being actively worked on, and will hopefully be reimplemented soon.

Reporting a member wasn't used massively often, though it is annoying.

You are able to view all topics created by a member since the upgrade, and topics posted prior to the upgrade will be added to that list when they have been rebuilt (probably a couple more days).

Content I follow has been moved to an activity feed - click the tick to mark it as default so it shows up just under the nav on every page.

There have been significant back end improvements with the update, which should make the forum faster and less prone to bugs, as well as making it much more extensible, allowing for the custom plugins (advanced reputation, two factor authentication, etc).

You no longer get a notification every time someone replies to a thread - just one notification to say that several people have.

The software is being actively supported, so bugs are actually being fixed (before, it was just security fixes).

Status updates and comments now support rich text.

And the activity feed does not have that functionality, does it? Sorting by most recent reply by default? Is it not purely off of creation date? So I have to use @Syntaxvgm's fix if I want the functionality? Which I'm not sure whether or not it's in his fix.

Where do you view topics that a user has created? Me, for example.

1 hour ago, JoeyDM said:

And the activity feed does not have that functionality, does it? Sorting by most recent reply by default? Is it not purely off of creation date? So I have to use @Syntaxvgm's fix if I want the functionality? Which I'm not sure whether or not it's in his fix.

Where do you view topics that a user has created? Me, for example.

I just bookmarked it and I type 'follow' in the bar since I use private browsing by default, I only get bookmarks in suggestions. BUT you can make a new stream and make it close to the same functionality with these settings

x7uNIGs.png

apparently you can make a custom stream your default. Unfortunately, the activity stream link is a big annoying placement wise, so....bookmark? lol 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch