The Fine Bros

GeorgeKellow

Can someone sum up why they're getting so much hate and people are un-subbing? I don't get it :?

they tried to trademark their brand or style of reaction videos. 

peoe fear they will abuse the trademark, and behave in a douchey way, so are unsubbing enmasse. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Just now, Atmos said:

they tried to trademark their brand or style of reaction videos. 

peoe fear they will abuse the trademark, and behave in a douchey way, so are unsubbing enmasse. 

Oh

2 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Oh

they've abandoned the attempt to trademark, but are still facing backlash, because the internet is a fickle place. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Just now, Atmos said:

they've abandoned the attempt to trademark, but are still facing backlash, because the internet is a fickle place. 

the internet never forgets 

because the two plumbs destroyed themselves trying to trademark reaction videos.

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

Placing a trademark on such a wide reaching concept like react that shouldn't belong to them at all its no small matter or just internet drama. You just don't  understand trademark law if you think so or are biased like LMG

-------

Current Rig

-------

So you mean to tell me this:

ubuntu-logo112.png

Is "too simple to trademark" but the word "react" and the phrase "let's play" aren't? I mean they don't deserve the backlash they got but the real question is why the hell were they allowed to trademark that in the first place?

3 hours ago, Atmos said:

They might have posted a retraction video, but they haven't (I haven't actually checked to see if this is still the fact) removed the original video so regardless of what they've said according to the rest of the internet their intentions are still there.

59 minutes ago, demonix00 said:

They might have posted a retraction video, but they haven't (I haven't actually checked to see if this is still the fact) removed the original video so regardless of what they've said according to the rest of the internet their intentions are still there.

interesting, i had read they redacted the app for trademark. Perhaps they now intend to, but have to officially. either way it wont be accepted.