Computer suddenly stops outputting to my monitors

montyrule

So what happens is that, the computer will just stop outputting to both monitors. It started Sunday. It usually happened after about 5 minuets of game play, but now it just seems to happen at any given moment. The computer still carries on in the background, so if I was watching a video, it would continue to play and I could control it. I thought I had fixed it by updating to the latest drivers, didn't work. But if I am in a game, I will usually here an error message. I have done a stress test on the CPU and the GPU at the same time, to see if was a dying power supply, But I had no problems. 

GPU: MSI 970
CPU:4770k @4.3
MOBO:ASUS Z87 Pro
PSU: Corsair CX750M (Don't hate)

I'm stumped and its getting really annoying now.  

Something Awesome!

Check System logs in event viewer right after your monitors black out and tell us what it says , it might be drivers crashing , it might be windows hickup

This does sound like a Graphics Card issue. Have you tried to "reseat" the graphics card? Meaning taking it out of the motherboard and putting it back in. Perhaps trying a different motherboard slot if available? You can also check your event viewer/error logs for a possibility of detailed information. Is the inside of your case clean?

Why is the rum gone?

9 minutes ago, Si3Rra_7 said:

Check System logs in event viewer right after your monitors black out and tell us what it says , it might be drivers crashing , it might be windows hickup

9 minutes ago, CyrusMedia said:

This does sound like a Graphics Card issue. Have you tried to "reseat" the graphics card? Meaning taking it out of the motherboard and putting it back in. Perhaps trying a different motherboard slot if available? You can also check your event viewer/error logs for a possibility of detailed information. Is the inside of your case clean?

After looking at Reliability Monitor I found out that windows had a "Video Hardware Error" (https://gyazo.com/048bc7087a6e92d53fd16768073b4373)

EDIT: It is a constant through out the past 2 days

Something Awesome!

Right, sounds kind of like a going... going... and maybe soon gone. :( If you have another graphics card that you could use in the system replacing your existing one, that could help maybe isolate the problem for sure, but sadly, it looks like in this case you will likely need a new one. On a sidenote as well, you haven't made any changes or anything to the system recently have you? And is the graphics card overclocked? If those two questions yield a no, then there really isn't much you could do. Since you stated it survives a stress test and temp isn't an issue, there really is a good indication of hardware failure/malfunction. As a last leg hope, is the card perhaps under warranty?

Why is the rum gone?

3 minutes ago, CyrusMedia said:

Right, sounds kind of like a going... going... and maybe soon gone. :( If you have another graphics card that you could use in the system replacing your existing one, that could help maybe isolate the problem for sure, but sadly, it looks like in this case you will likely need a new one. On a sidenote as well, you haven't made any changes or anything to the system recently have you? And is the graphics card overclocked? If those two questions yield a no, then there really isn't much you could do. Since you stated it survives a stress test and temp isn't an issue, there really is a good indication of hardware failure/malfunction. As a last leg hope, is the card perhaps under warranty?

I had only installed one program, which has since been removed. But no I haven't made any physical changes to the system. Also the GPU isn't overclocked. I'm not sure if the card is still under warranty, as I didn't purchase it. My friend gave it to me in exchange for my 770, cause he had upgraded to a 980ti. If all else fails I do have  integrated graphics. 

Something Awesome!