Corsair Obsidian

Vocalcoffie

Anyone running the Corsair Obsidian 750d? i think i have decided to make it the case for my upcoming build just want to get opinons and maby some pics. Thanks in advance!

It's a pretty good case.
Well built, has some nice features, easy to build a system in, but also nothing special.

I like it, but I think there are better options.

It looks pretty solid. Have you also seen the phanteks enthoo luxe/pro/evolv ATX? May not be the best for your needs, but great cases to think about...

I like good humans and good food

While I have never built a system in one, I did consider it for a long time as I think the case looks really nice and smart, it is easy to build in from speaking to people who have one, so I am sure if you got this case you would be very happy with it.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX|聽Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero聽|聽Intel Core i7 6700K聽|聽NZXT Kraken X61聽|聽Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB|聽2x MSI GTX 970聽|聽250GB SSD聽|聽Corsair RM1000x

I'm running it.

I'm digging it.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

It's a great case from what i've seen, enough space for pretty much anything you want to throw at it and looks sleek. Getting a bit old now, but i suppose class never goes out of style.

CPU聽Intel i7-6700k聽|聽Motherboard聽ASUS Maximus Hero VIII |聽GPU聽MSI GTX 970 |聽RAM聽16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz聽|聽Cooling聽Noctua NH-D15 |聽Storage聽240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda |聽PSU聽EVGA 850w | Case聽Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

I had originally decided on the Thor v2 by rosewill but the lack of a side window to show off all my new stuff has turned me away. i love the huge side window and the huge amount of space.

Some good points mentioned. I moved from the 550D to 750D and was considerably disappointed with how many awesome features that the 550D contained had been removed for the 750D. I moved from the 750D to a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX and it was truly glorious.

Also what kinda of lighting are you guys using? i would realy like to make this thing look sick in the dark.

5 minutes ago, Vocalcoffie said:

Also what kinda of lighting are you guys using? i would realy like to make this thing look sick in the dark.

I would say the 750D is a good option but that being said I have it's predecessor the 650D, it does have a bit of restricted airflow however unless you have the mesh or open front on the 750D. As for lighting, I would suggest LED strips if your wanting RGB lights聽聽Addon Customs, Cable Mods and Mod guru are all good options for lighting.聽

Thank you Very much! as soon as my taxes get here i will be starting the build log. thanks everyone yall have been a huge help!

The 750D is a fine case, I have one and I enjoy using it. There's some front airflow problems with the standard edition of make sure to get the 750D airflow edition unless you can score a cheap standard 750D and buy the performance kit.

Bought my 750D so I can hold a bunch of storage drives and unlike most people, I still have a use for 5.25 drive bays.

I'll tell you that once you get the 750D, you don't have to worry about space clearance for anything, it can fit everything you can throw at(not the best case for 4 way card setup).

Never really liked the enthoo pro...

Here's my setup.

4FEqieZ.jpg