Loop planning, many questions

Torna
23 minutes ago, Torna said:

So stupid question....I am FINALLY trying to get stuff all together to add my mayhems and I was putting a barb of fitting on angle and I may have forgotten an o-ring.  Sadly the place I forgot the o-ring I got together so well I haven't been able to apart to fix the problem....I got it together really tight!  Do I need to get it apart to add the o-ring.

If your fitting doesn't have an o-ring you must add one or it will leak as that is what creates that seal.

So I got all the stuff together and add my mayhems and I turn on my pump and it moves the mayhems around...not around my loop just around.So please ignore knee but this is is how I have it set up....is it a problem that I have the pump at the end of one of the res'?20160319_130217.thumb.jpg.6da02fbefd6218

5 minutes ago, Torna said:

So I got all the stuff together and add my mayhems and I turn on my pump and it moves the mayhems around...not around my loop just around.So please ignore knee but this is is how I have it set up....is it a problem that I have the pump at the end of one of the res'?

Looks great :D 

It's not a problem having the pump at the bottom or one end, as long as the pump's intake inside the res is below the waterline when the res is fill it won't have any issues.

It is below the water line but all that is happening is water is getting churned up in the res.  There  tiny bit of mayhems that is not in the res only because it is full and I can't put more in it is trying to come out the funnel.

So what do I do?

2 minutes ago, Torna said:

It is below the water line but all that is happening is water is getting churned up in the res.  There  tiny bit of mayhems that is not in the res only because it is full and I can't put more in it is trying to come out the funnel.

So what do I do?

I woudl do this quite carefully but you can tr yo tip the entire case upright to get the air pocket up to where the funnel is and add more fluid that way it sounds like it's just trapped and not letting it exit. 

Just now, Torna said:

Would loosening a cap help...?

Yes it can, if you crack it to let the trapped air out just open it a little at a time though, wouldn't want a spill. 

The cap I would open there is NO worry there :P

So water....mayhems is more distributed....still not really moving....would it help to adding water to the res without pump on it help?

41 minutes ago, Torna said:

So water....mayhems is more distributed....still not really moving....would it help to adding water to the res without pump on it help?

Do you have a photo of what's happening exactly, is the air pocket still stuck or the fluid not moving through the entire loop?

The fluid is not moving through the whole loop....it is as many places as it it from me moving the case around.

20160319_194703.thumb.jpg.1078a8cf651cfa20160319_194449.thumb.jpg.c2cdb595168e6f

41 minutes ago, Torna said:

The fluid is not moving through the whole loop....it is as many places as it it from me moving the case around.

Wait where is your pump outlet going to you capped it off, right now your not pushing anything, that's why!

Wait....I have to use THAT port as an outlet?

1 hour ago, Torna said:

Wait....I have to use THAT port as an outlet?

Yes that is the pump outlet as it spins it forces water through the bottom block out that port. 

Ok....using the right port....water....mayhems...moving yay....now have an oh crap problem.  So I have a mayhems moving through my loop and a leak from one of the fittings on my cpu block.

26 minutes ago, Torna said:

Ok....using the right port....water....mayhems...moving yay....now have an oh crap problem.  So I have a mayhems moving through my loop and a leak from one of the fittings on my cpu block.

oh that's not good, try tightening it to see if it's just not screwed down all the way if it keeps leaking say between the block and fitting itself it might be a bad oring potentially. 

Ok....I went to screw the fitting tighter and noticed that the mayhems was leaching out from under the fitting....so my guess is oring.....so given that the fact that the mayhems is moving freely....what do I do?

2 hours ago, Torna said:

Ok....I went to screw the fitting tighter and noticed that the mayhems was leaching out from under the fitting....so my guess is oring.....so given that the fact that the mayhems is moving freely....what do I do?

Unfortunately if the loop is fairly full you will need to drain as much as you can before taking off that fittings and changing an o-ring if tightening it down more doesn't help. Since the fluid is new save it in a clean bottle before refilling it. 

So....my Monsoon MMRS res....is leaking....through the holes you use to mount it to the case.

11 minutes ago, Torna said:

So....my Monsoon MMRS res....is leaking....through the holes you use to mount it to the case.

What???

Hows that possible, those holes aren't going through all the way and are just mounting locations for the screws and blocks. 

I don't know....all I know is mine totally seem to go all the way through and damn I want to be able to game.  I think I fixed my other leak but this one has me baffled and kind depressed.

16 minutes ago, Torna said:

I don't know....all I know is mine totally seem to go all the way through and damn I want to be able to game.  I think I fixed my other leak but this one has me baffled and kind depressed.

Well this is quite eventful, umm check since you have soft tube if you take off one of the mounts is the leaking from the screw holes themselves or the end caps not being tight or making a proper seal. 

1. I want it to be less eventful and require more gaming.

2. I am sure it is those holes I have watched it happen.

1 minute ago, Torna said:

1. I want it to be less eventful and require more gaming.

2. I am sure it is those holes I have watched it happen.

I'm just having a hard time understanding why those would start leaking now since when it was filled earlier it would have leaked then too if there was a problem. I woudl take off those blocks and inspect the nylon caps to see if they cracked or have any other issues, only thing is if they are damaged is to contact Monsoon to see what they say. 

Wait a minute, how long are the screws that you used to mount the reservoir to the case? The caps were drilled for the MMRS mounts. If you didn't use the mounts themselves and just used your own screws, you can potentially screw too deep and into the actual reservoir. 

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury