Asus Eeebook X205 Wifi Not Working

Go to solution Solved by ahuckphin,

The wifi is now working. I acutally just went to an asus service centre to fix the laptop. At the end, the service centre disable bcmfn2 device and then was able to re-able the Broadcom device 

I would try uninstalling the driver and reboot. Then go ahead and reinstall the driver again if Windows hasn't done it for you. Had a similar issues on my moms desktop when I installed a better wireless card. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

33 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I would try uninstalling the driver and reboot. Then go ahead and reinstall the driver again if Windows hasn't done it for you. Had a similar issues on my moms desktop when I installed a better wireless card. 

i did re-click and unistall for both devices and restarted. but after that i showed the same thing

Did you try a non-Microsoft driver? Like one from Asus or from the wireless cards manufacture. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

7 hours ago, bindydad123 said:

Wifi stop working an opening device manager shows this - 

Untitled.thumb.png.7966d5bbcbf20fd195e87

Whats the problem?

Try using another pc to download the latest version of the driver on a pendrive.Uninstall the driver that is currently install on the netbook and reboot, then plug in the pendrive and try installing. Very odd issue to me as I have an Asus laptop. I reinstalled windows 10 recently because I broke my copy of Windows 10, after I reinstall windows 10( at setup screen) it prompt me for wifi and I haven't install the wifi driver, So I'm assuming that if installing the latest driver for your wifi adapter doesn't work then try using the driver built in to windows.

41 minutes ago, Yongtjunkit said:

Try using another pc to download the latest version of the driver on a pendrive.Uninstall the driver that is currently install on the netbook and reboot, then plug in the pendrive and try installing. Very odd issue to me as I have an Asus laptop. I reinstalled windows 10 recently because I broke my copy of Windows 10, after I reinstall windows 10( at setup screen) it prompt me for wifi and I haven't install the wifi driver, So I'm assuming that if installing the latest driver for your wifi adapter doesn't work then try using the driver built in to windows.

ok i will try. Thanks

I work in a store that sells a lot of those little x205 laptops and we are seeing a lot of them come back with the issue you are describing under windows 10. We have no found an solution to the problem. The version of the x205 with windows 10 preinstalled has come out but when we take the install of a fresh laptop and put it an older one it seems to do the trick, but unfortunately you do not have a new rev x205 handy. All the stuff like disabling the drivers wont work/work for a while, you could try disabling sleep and anything related to it, that has sometimes helped.

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

12 hours ago, legopc said:

I work in a store that sells a lot of those little x205 laptops and we are seeing a lot of them come back with the issue you are describing under windows 10. We have no found an solution to the problem. The version of the x205 with windows 10 preinstalled has come out but when we take the install of a fresh laptop and put it an older one it seems to do the trick, but unfortunately you do not have a new rev x205 handy. All the stuff like disabling the drivers wont work/work for a while, you could try disabling sleep and anything related to it, that has sometimes helped.

ok 

The wifi is now working. I acutally just went to an asus service centre to fix the laptop. At the end, the service centre disable bcmfn2 device and then was able to re-able the Broadcom device