How to know when a LiPoly battery is charged

MangoIce

I have a 2200mah battery 3S cell

I have: Turnigy accucell 6

I really like cake

What is the rated voltage of your 3S cell? Your charger should report back the voltage of the battery as it's charging. Unless you know exactly what you are doing you shouldn't charge the battery past that voltage.

Check the max voltage for the battery, it should be on the side. Normally it'll be something like 4.2V. Charge it until the output voltage is at that and then cut the power.

its a 3s battery so 11.1v

or do you mean per cell

Check the max voltage for the battery, it should be on the side. Normally it'll be something like 4.2V. Charge it until the output voltage is at that and then cut the power.

I really like cake

its a 3s battery so 11.1v

or do you mean per cell

Per cell. Even if you have them in series. This is why proper charging circuits almost always have leads between the batteries when they're in series, so that they can monitor the voltage of each battery.

I have the turnigy accucel 6 too, it's very easy to tell when it's fully charged as long as you input the correct battery type its pretty simple, you don't want to undercharge or overcharge the battery by selecting the wrong mode. Plug in the balance plug to prevent voltage differences between cells you don't have to do it every time but it's a good idea to. I'm pretty sure if you charge the battery at around 1000mA the battery should last a little longer, for long term storage over the winter periods you would want to have the battery charge at 3.8 to 3.85 v per cell. The charger you have has a storage mode in the software so again pretty simple, as long as you don't do anything silly like swapping the polarity you should be fine. Just don't have you battery stored at maximum charge for a long time it's a good idea to get it to storage voltage to prolong it's life 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500