What Would Everyone Want for an Ideal Job?

Codyman125

I wanna be as senpai as senpai. 3: Naw, I'd love to be able to work on both computers and be a chef..

Moist

Really? No trades option? Engineers are fine and all, but I know quite a few who can't even use a hammer.

Nothing gets built without a tradesman.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Whole lotta stuff missing to be honest.

Tradesman. I've always liked the idea of being a 'master' of my profession. Sadly I've always been the type who can quickly learn how to be slightly above average, but then stagnate. Just not in my cards I guess.

Aviation would be great if I had better people skills. Sadly I'm terrible with people.

Entrepreneur. Sadly I'm terrible with people. To be fair I can compensate for the ways I'm bad with people with being ruthlessly practical. With the way my life is going starting a business may be my best and only option to do something that I'd actually enjoy.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Real life engineer here checking in (not to be confused with self proclaimed internet engineers). I have a pretty cool job as it is. Get to work on some really big, expensive, & high profile equipment. I've also been able to become intimately familiar with certain technologies that the general public definitely knows exists, but will never know how it works.

To me though, an ideal job is one that is flexible. Let's me be able to enjoy my private life and doesn't hinder it much. I'm already at the point of making enough money to be very comfortable and enjoy my toys. Having flexible leave, weekends free, paid overtime on top of a base salary, subsidized insurance and retirement, and other benefits make the job more ideal to me.

TopDollar, do you work for ford? @TopDollar

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

Engineering.

Lucky for me, I'm an engineer!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Professional Russian... shoot guns, get bitches :P

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

architecture or psychology probably

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Working in a research lab. Not sure what that fits into, medical, engineering? :P

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

What this guy does: 

man-vs-food-adam-richman-and-logo.jpg

Ideally?

A few years of Military service first,

then take a job at the local Wegmans store.

And beyond that I wouldn't mind fixing PCs or even learning to design my own PC games on the side. I'm not that bad at farting with computers already and I have Linus and his group to thank for it. I only have a HS diploma too.

Ontop of all that I have a green thumb and some land to grow stuff on. Probably just more fruit trees and a cucumber patch for pickling.

Call me simple, but I'm not that hard to make happy aslong as I can play a role in society and contribute to my family. Some people think they need years of college to become a doctor, teacher or lawyer, but if everyone thought like that the world would suck. 

What this guy does: 

man-vs-food-adam-richman-and-logo.jpg

Do you want a heart attack?

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I would like to work with Linus but not joking I would would as an engineer.  

Do you want a heart attack?

Actually, he works out A LOT.  Correct me if I am wrong, I am pretty sure he stopped doing that for that specific reason.

Yeah, because it is stressful as fuq

My dad is one, but not like a google one.  Google is opening one in the Netherlands soon and it is huge!

Yeah, because it is stressful as fuq

Not really. DBA isn't stressful of a job. They aren't actually paid that well. Salaries are very average.

I always wanted to be a hedge funds manager when I was younger. I work in a different field.

Not really. DBM isn't stressful of a job. They aren't actually paid that well. Salaries are very average.

Good to hear you're an expert.

Not really. DBA isn't stressful of a job. They aren't actually paid that well. Salaries are very average.

Do you have first hand experience?

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Education

Historian/History professor

Or author

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Having to deal with DBAs on a daily basis I can tell you first hand that my job is more stressful when I have to work with them. :D

-KuJoe

As in the title DBA, no. I work with them. I can do their job and I am fully qualified to do so, but it would be a substantial pay cut. Many of my relatives who are software engineers work as DBAs for second full time job to make some extra money. They enjoy it because they can telecommute and it is less stressful than their main job.

TopDollar, do you work for ford? @TopDollar

Nah, the stuff I work on is about 75 times the length and 80,000 times the weight of my little Fiesta.

I do however have a friend who is an engineer at Ford.

Guess im lucky, i got my dream job, im an instrumentation engineer. Some of the stuff i get to work on is unbelievable... things like Steam and gas turbines for making electricity. 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)