New Computer.... What should I get?

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/bCQyJx

This should do,

a few things.

- The cooler is would mainly be temporary if you plan to overclock id suggest upgrading to an AIO

- The os win 8.1 could be upgraded to 10 if wanted

- You have around $100 dollars to spend on a case since they usually fall under personal prefrence

212 EVO should be able to OC that just fine (it got mine to 4.5 no sweat)

I may drop SSD and do 390, as a SSD can be added later with little effort, while a GPU requires selling, etc. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Hyper 212 are damn good!

My Rig: CPU - Intel i7 2600k OC @ 4.5 GHz | CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212+ (Push & Pull) | Motherboard - Asus P8P67 Deluxe | RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600GPU - EVGA GTX 980 (SC) | Case - Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition | PSU - Corsair TX850W | DisplaysDell S2417DG, BenQ XL2420T | Keyboard - Logitech G213 Prodigy |  Mouse - Logitech G303 | Headset - Sennheiser PC363D | Questions? Twitter=@Mattler119 

a link would have been better! LOL

My Rig: CPU - Intel i7 2600k OC @ 4.5 GHz | CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212+ (Push & Pull) | Motherboard - Asus P8P67 Deluxe | RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600GPU - EVGA GTX 980 (SC) | Case - Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition | PSU - Corsair TX850W | DisplaysDell S2417DG, BenQ XL2420T | Keyboard - Logitech G213 Prodigy |  Mouse - Logitech G303 | Headset - Sennheiser PC363D | Questions? Twitter=@Mattler119 

$1453 after taxes:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($367.25 @ Vuugo)
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($94.94 @ DirectCanada)
Memory: Mushkin ECO2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($42.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($88.92 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($67.26 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($424.98 @ Newegg Canada) <<Can go with a GTX 970 if you want.  Can also go for a mid-range GPU like a R9 380 4GB/GTX 960 to save money
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.26 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ NCIX)
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($6.36 @ DirectCanada)  <<Front Intake
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($6.36 @ DirectCanada)  <<Front Intake
Total: $1246.31

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-28 20:38 EST-0500

well im new to that partpicker website xD, atleast he can see it now lol

HAHA true very true

Give me an application, any application. 

Also, please stop calling me that.

I had an AMD FX for my first CPU, I am no fanboy!

Any application.

cpuboss.com litterally almost half of all of the top 5 charts are dominated by AMD, the other half is dominated by intel. AMD obviously specializing with iGPUs and price per performance while intel focuses on sheer performance and marketing.

My ~$200 USD build:

AMD A8-7600    G. Skill Ripjaws Z @1800 CAS 8     EVGA 500w 80+ PSU    Gigabyte GAF2A68HM-DS2H Motherboard

My apologies then, i didnt think there would be a huge difference in price

There wouldn't normally however the Canadian dollar is crap right now (71 cents per dollar)! Thanks though!

Any application.

cpuboss.com litterally almost half of all of the top 5 charts are dominated by AMD, the other half is dominated by intel. AMD obviously specializing with iGPUs and price per performance while intel focuses on sheer performance and marketing.

Did.... did you just use CPUBoss?

I am sorry, but nothing else you say has any meaning to me. 

CPUBoss is a big load of horse shit, and most people on this forum know that. The algorithms they use to "calculate" those scores are crap. 

That website can only be used to compare specs and benchmarks, do not trust their scores. 

Now, I ask you again, Give me a specific application, or shall I provide them myself?

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Thanks a ton! I will look at this... Seriously THANKS!

the build is made so you can Oc if you want/need to, also do not switch out the 2 8GB DDR4 memory sticks, this way u can make use of dual channel and 2 sticks will outperform 4 sticks any time.

With the H75 liquid cooler u have sufficient cooling for OC and it will run quietly.

The SSD i chose is the A data one of 120Gb which is enough to boot from, and u have enough storage space on your 1Tb Western Digital Caviar to store whatever u need.

The GTX 970 will perform the games u play at a high setting without any problem, if u can put around 100 CAD more in the build u can even opt for a GTX 980 if you really need it.

The PSU is 80+ gold certified which means it will deliver what it promises efficiency wise*.

The case i put in ther u might want to change since most is personal taste, just keep in mind if you take a case with 3.0 USB front connections u can hook them up to your ASUS Mobo 3.0 headers.

the build is made so you can Oc if you want/need to, also do not switch out the 2 8GB DDR4 memory sticks, this way u can make use of dual channel and 2 sticks will outperform 4 sticks any time.

With the H75 liquid cooler u have sufficient cooling for OC and it will run quietly.

The SSD i chose is the A data one of 120Gb which is enough to boot from, and u have enough storage space on your 1Tb Western Digital Caviar to store whatever u need.

The GTX 970 will perform the games u play at a high setting without any problem, if u can put around 100 CAD more in the build u can even opt for a GTX 980 if you really need it.

The PSU is 80+ gold certified which means it will deliver what it promises and is a quality item.

The case i put in ther u might want to change since most is personal taste, just keep in mind if you take a case with 3.0 USB front connections u can hook them up to your ASUS Mobo 3.0 headers.

I know you are new to the forums so I will go easy on you.

1.  You can OC a locked Skylake CPUs, while saving money.  Also, the Xeon will keep up with an i5 for gaming and outpace the i5 for heavier workloads like rendering/transcoding/etc... but that is for Haswell.

2.  Similarly price air coolers will outperform that H75 you have picked out and will even be quieter: 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd14

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cryorig-cpu-cooler-crr1a

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14perd

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14pebk

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14pebl

3.  GTX 980 is not a good purchase at it's current price point.

4.  That NEX gold PSU is NOT a good quality power supply.  The "Gold" rating is for efficiency, not quality. 

:)

this should suffice for what u want to do, and has the potential to upgrade in the future.

• PSU

Aerocool Xpredator 750M, 

• Solid State Drive

Samsung 850 Pro, 128 GB SSD

Zwart, MZ-7KE128BW, SATA 

•  
  • Memory

Corsair 8 GB DDR4-2133 Kit, 

•  
  • Processor

Intel® Core i5-6600K, 3,5 GHz (3,9 GHz Turbo Boost) socket 1151 processor

FC-LGA4, "Skylake"

•  
  • Hard disk

Western Digital Blue, 1 TB 

•  
  • cpu cooler

Corsair Hydro Series H75

• GPU

MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G, 

• Case

Zalman Z9 (change if u want to)

• Motherboard

ASUS Z170-P, socket 1151

•  
  • This will be in total around 1300 USD

it has to be CAD, so that is literally 425 bucks over his budget with their crummy exchange rate.

This is a little bit over your budget, but this is what I suggest

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kkh93C

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kkh93C

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($457.50 @ shopRBC) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($84.88 @ Canada Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($123.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: A-Data S511 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($86.46 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.99 @ NCIX) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($468.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case  ($71.00 @ shopRBC) 
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ NCIX) 
Total: $1472.78
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-28 22:05 EST-0500
you could always go for an i5 4690k to save some money but that will slow it down in CPU intensive tasks, or go for a R9 380 or the like to get it down below your budget, but this a pretty high end build for its price, I and I went DDR3 so you could reuse your RAM.

This is a little bit over your budget, but this is what I suggest

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kkh93C

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kkh93C

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($457.50 @ shopRBC) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($84.88 @ Canada Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($123.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: A-Data S511 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($86.46 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.99 @ NCIX) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($468.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case  ($71.00 @ shopRBC) 
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ NCIX) 
Total: $1472.78
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-28 22:05 EST-0500
you could always go for an i5 4690k to save some money but that will slow it down in CPU intensive tasks, or go for a R9 380 or the like to get it down below your budget, but this a pretty high end build for its price, I and I went DDR3 so you could reuse your RAM.

Hey! Thanks for an actual response!!! Problem is I don't want to get into water cooling, and I don't think there is much need because I am not going to overclock it! Is there any way you could try and get it down please? Thanks a ton for your help!

Tr3v0r_C

Hey! Thanks for an actual response!!! Problem is I don't want to get into water cooling, and I don't think there is much need because I am not going to overclock it! Is there any way you could try and get it down please? Thanks a ton for your help!

Tr3v0r_C

Did you see the Xeon build?  The Xeon is like having a locked i7, but you pay less.  Clock for clock, it is exactly like an i7 (or i5) for gaming except that it does not have an iGPU (and supports ECC memory).

For making videos, it will be better than the i5.

I know you are new to the forums so I will go easy on you.

1.  You can OC a locked Skylake CPUs, while saving money.  Also, the Xeon will keep up with an i5 for gaming and outpace the i5 for heavier workloads like rendering/transcoding/etc... but that is for Haswell.

2.  Similarly price air coolers will outperform that H75 you have picked out and will even be quieter: 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd14

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cryorig-cpu-cooler-crr1a

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14perd

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14pebk

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14pebl

3.  GTX 980 is not a good purchase at it's current price point.

4.  That NEX gold PSU is NOT a good quality power supply.  The "Gold" rating is for efficiency, not quality. 

:)

Honestly here we do not really use Xeon processors so i didnt pick one since i have no knowledge about them, 

But after reading up a bit i can see what you mean with the choice for the Xeon and would pick this instead too now i know a bit more about them :)

I know the gtx 980 is kinda in a place were u rather go for something else then the 980 i just wanted to let him know that it is a possibility.

The PSU is a pick which would fit the budget and has the 80+ gold certicicate, for my own builds i always go with other ones, but good that u saw that there are better options.

Thank you for your insight it helps me too to get more knowledge :)

Tr3v0r_C

If your not going to overclock, I would go for a 4790 non-k and some well reviewed air cooler like a cooler master hyper 212 evo, I'm not at my computer so I can't edit that pcpartpicker link, that should put you under $1400, I will try and edit that pcpartpicker when I'm back at home.