Best Mobo for i5 2320?

Go to solution Solved by FoxxyRin,

Update: Yes I will be buying the mobo Second hand.

ASUS P8Z77 seems to be really easy to find on Ebay for under $100. It's the motherboard I was planning to go with a few years ago before my plans were delayed. I remember it being a really good board, so you could try it.

Hello LinusTechTips members!

Friend asked me what would be the best Motherboard for i5 2320 ?

Please could you give me the best mobo reasonably priced, performance priced and your recommendation? Plus this mobo has to support SLI ( 2x GPU )

I'm too lazy to Google and I believe this Forum is faster than googling + I have no experience with  Intel CPu / Mobos at all :D

Thank you

Whichever LGA 1155 you can still buy with at least two PCIE 3.0 8x slots (or PCIE 2.0? Not sure which was out when LGA 1155 was a thing)

Since the chipset is so old most stores don't have any, so second hand it probably your best bet. Maybe H61 is a good chipset, since it is not as sought after as Z67 or Z77 (which can overclock, so that is what people really want). But maybe only Z67 or Z77 boards have compatibility for SLI..

I am not sure, but that is some stuff you could look at.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If you asked for CFX then it would have been easier to source a mobo for you but hmmm...this will be challenging if you want it new :P

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

LGA 1155 is a bit restricted now-a-days, so you'll probably have to shop around second-hand, like the poster above said. Newegg doesn't have anything that will work for your needs. It may be time to possibly look into a new motherboard, especially since you have dual GPUs. It sounds like there's a decent chance your CPU would be bottlenecking you like crazy anyway (depending on what GPUs you have).

Update: Yes I will be buying the mobo Second hand.

ASUS P8Z77 seems to be really easy to find on Ebay for under $100. It's the motherboard I was planning to go with a few years ago before my plans were delayed. I remember it being a really good board, so you could try it.