Mini-ITX Z87 Motherboard help.

Vague

Looking for a really good Mini-ITX Z87 Motherboard. Will be used for decent overclocking, planning on 4.5Ghz but that's if i get a good haswell chip :P

Edit: No budget but i would rather get something around mid price.

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

Budget?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

What ever looks best to you

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Maximus VI Impact

Holy crap dude. That's expensive for a Mini-ITX MB.

Holy crap dude. That's expensive for a Mini-ITX MB.

You never posted a budget, that is the best M-ITX motherboard

Budget?

None but saying that i would prepare something around midrange price nothing too expensive. 

You never posted a budget, that is the best M-ITX motherboard

Forgot to put that in. Sorry.

Any will do--makes no difference in overclocking.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Any will do--makes no difference in overclocking.

Okay. Didn't know that lol.  

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Haswell has integrated voltage control, so anything will do. However, if you want something that looks awesomely beautiful and have money to burn, look to the Maximus VI Impact. It's expensive, but it's awesomely cool and is loaded with awesome features.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I was actually looking at that 10 mins ago lol

Haswell has integrated voltage control, so anything will do. However, if you want something that looks awesomely beautiful and have money to burn, look to the Maximus VI Impact. It's expensive, but it's awesomely cool and is loaded with awesome features.

I does you good but i have never spent that much on a ATX motherboard never mind a Mini-ITX lol. I'll think about it.

Take a look at the ASUS Z87I-Deluxe and the Z87I-Pro, they're still a bit pricey for Mini-ITX boards in my opinion, but they're loaded with features. I actually just bought a Z87 Impact, because I wanted good onboard audio and build quality, and I also wanted the board to match my other colors. Gold didn't look too sleek to me.

Otherwise look at the Gigabyte Z87 ITX board, I hear it's pretty decent as well. 

I was actually looking at that 10 mins ago lol

I does you good but i have never spent that much on a ATX motherboard never mind a Mini-ITX lol. I'll think about it.

The thing with mini itx is it is a harder form factor to produce thus the cost of the boards. The impact is the pinnacle of mini itx boards and has the price tag to match it. There is other options out there that are solid but if you want the best of the best the impact is your only choice.

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)

Powered by a silverstone strider 500w psu in a NZXT 210.

The thing with mini itx is it is a harder form factor to produce thus the cost of the boards. The impact is the pinnacle of mini itx boards and has the price tag to match it. There is other options out there that are solid but if you want the best of the best the impact is your only choice.

The difference between the Z87i-deluxe and the impact is really only the color scheme, the lack of the dedicated sound card and the NGFF/M.2 slot

189 USD - Z87I Deluxe

229 USD - Impact

So you'd pay 40$ for a better 'soundcard', the color scheme and the NGFF/M.2 slot

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I don't know if the Asus Z87I-Pro is available in the US, but it is an even cheaper option. It is basicaly the same as the Z87I-Deluxe but loses the AC-WIFI for a N-WIFI solution.

In Europe:

Z87I-Pro is about 149€

Z87I-Deluxe is about 189€

M VI Impact is about 219€

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

The difference between the Z87i-deluxe and the impact is really only the color scheme, the lack of the dedicated sound card and the NGFF/M.2 slot

189 USD - Z87I Deluxe

229 USD - Impact

So you'd pay 40$ for a better 'soundcard', the color scheme and the NGFF/M.2 slot

Which is why you folks in the US are spoilt, its a $350 board here and I am still making a build with one shortly. Only thing that is holding me back is finalizing the plans for the case (working the next 28 days straight isn't helping that). 

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)