How to stop dust?

matto97

So im for ever cleaning out my computer every week or two cause of all the dust, is there something more i can do to stop it?
I have dust filters, But i love in an old house with carpet and i can only put the computer on the carpet as it wont fit on my desk.
Theres no fans under sucking air up only in the front.
Also i think i might have negative pressure in my case but it because my BIOS sets my front fans about 50% slower then my rear fans and i cant seem to change the motherboard doing that, or at least i dont know how to.

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

Put a little "no dust" picket sign in front of your computer. If the dust has any common sense it will stay away :D :D

But seriously, the negative pressure likely has a big part to play. Add a non-pwm intake fan to create positive pressure and it should help a quite a bit.

So im for ever cleaning out my computer every week or two cause of all the dust, is there something more i can do to stop it?

I have dust filters, But i love in an old house with carpet and i can only put the computer on the carpet as it wont fit on my desk.

Also i think i might have negative pressure in my case but it because my BIOS sets my front fans about 50% slower then my rear fans and i cant seem to change the motherboard doing that, or at least i dont know how to.

Grab a slab of wood and put it under your computer

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Get the pressure positive! Maybe just switch around the headers for the two fans?

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Whole Room Water Cooling

You should follow your own topics :)

But there's probably a switch for fan control somewhere that's set to 'auto' you probably need to flip that first and then try to adjust that. 

Positive pressure will help, adjusting the fans so there is more intake volume (CFM) than exhaust is ideal, as for filtering the BeQuiet 800 has pretty good filters as suggested raising it up off the floor a bit is a good idea. 

Find a wood plank that fits under your pc. Or one of those desk mats. Use nylon stockings and cut them up to use as your front dust filter.

It's always a good day if you woke up breathing.

Grab a slab of wood and put it under your computer

or old college books lol thats what i did lol

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Dust filter and airflow pressure

Best Bench Runs & 24/7 Rig

Spoiler

Best Bench Runs

i5 4670k (XTU) - 4.7GHz Core / 4.5GHz Cache | GTX 980 (FireStrike Extreme) 1620MHz Core / 4000MHz Memory (GPUPI) 1721MHz | G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB - 2200MHz CL10-11-11-24 1T

Spoiler

24/7 Rig & Clocks

i5 4670k 4.5GHz (Swiftech H320) | MSI Z87 MPower Max | ASUS GTX 980 1580MHz 4000MHz (NZXT Kraken X41) | 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Air 540 | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | 120GB Kingston SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda

I have the fans on a 3pin header and didnt think about trying different plugs, will try that later or something to see if that fixes the pressure, will find something to put it up a  bit as well.

Edit- my 2 rear fans are connected to 1 splitter cable thats plugged in to System 1 fan and the 2 front are plugged in to a splitter in to System 2 fan, all the same fans with the exact same curves. later on will get down there and play around with the plugs to find something that works.
Got the splitters mainly because i wanted the 2 fronts and 2 backs to change speed at the same time.

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

cost effective as fuck

I was thinking more..... whole house water cooling :P

Water cool all the things..........

I was thinking more..... whole house water cooling :P

Water cool all the things..........

Water cool the whole planet, oh wait... its already 70% water