So I was thinking of getting an R7 250

IsaacDaGrazin

But after watching Linus's review of the R7 240 should I even consider getting the 250 anymore?

I know it's not amazing but I just need a good graphics card for a good price and that seems like the best option (was or maybe still is) I've got a budget of around £100-£150 (back then I had a low budget but since it's near my birth day I thought I'd raise it a bit :D) what should I get?

I wanna play games like cs go, Gta v and star wars battle front on medium-high settings (if I can't get that with my budget that's fine I'll just stay on low-medium)

Thanks! And I really don't want to stretch my budget but if needed I will

980 ti

/s

no but a 370 or something is probably more reasonable.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

But after watching Linus's review of the R7 240 should I even consider getting the 250 anymore?

I know it's not amazing but I just need a good graphics card for a good price and that seems like the best option (was or maybe still is) I've got a budget of around £100-£150 (back then I had a low budget but since it's near my birth day I thought I'd raise it a bit :D) what should I get?

I wanna play games like cs go, Gta v and star wars battle front on medium-high settings (if I can't get that with my budget that's fine I'll just stay on low-medium)

There has to be a way to get a used card. I understand buying this stuff if you're setting up an office or something and you don't want to get used. But low end cards are just pointless for gamers who need the best performance possible

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get something used like a 7950 or even better for that much money.

"Rawr XD"

Dood. 950 is ~120 quid. 960 is ~160. R9 380 is ~150-160 quid. At GPUShack you can get a 280x or 380 for something around 120 quid. 

Don't even think about going lower than GTX 750 Ti. You're going to regret it sooner than you think.

Also, you have a limited budget. You can't afford to buy cheap stuff.

Okay so get a used card? Which 7950, R9 380 or an 370 R9

They seem like my best options

Okay well thanks!

Also, you have a limited budget. You can't afford to buy cheap stuff.

I love that - seems absurd at face value but so much deeper meaning/advice :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Okay well thanks!

R9 380 is a rebranded 285, 7950 was rebranded as a 280, 370 is 270, as far as I remember ;)

From the three I'd go for 380. Or for an NVidia equivalent, something along the lines of 680/770 perhaps? ;)

I love that - seems absurd at face value but so much deeper meaning/advice :)

Thank you :)

Okay well thanks!

R9 380 is optimanl

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6