CSR Worlds thinnest keyboard

jos

scissor keys are small enough. and lets face it you won t write a 5000 page book on a mobile device it s only used for short things in that scenario i see no reason to go mechanical.

You'd be surprised to find out how many authors actually use a laptop for writing novels. Not 5000 page novels, but certainly long ones. There's no "right way" when it comes to typing. Only personal preference.

Also, Cherry MX key switches have been around for a long time and haven't changed in size, with maybe a couple of exceptional ones.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

dude make up your mind. Dont yell at this kid that mechanical keyboards are the end all be all, and then be a hypocrite.

There is nothing wrong with seeing where you went wrong.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

You'd be surprised to find out how many authors actually use a laptop for writing novels. Not 5000 page novels, but certainly long ones. There's no "right way" when it comes to typing. Only personal preference.

Also, Cherry MX key switches have been around for a long time and haven't changed in size, with maybe a couple of exceptional ones.

when i talked mobile it wasn t about laptops, i was talking about phones/tablet as in using the paper kb as a screen cover/case.

(if they make the control board smaller).

and it is true that kb is a personnal preference and i said it wasn t adapted for mobile use. i was replying to the "mechanical is the only thing you should ever use" comment.

btw i think i said mx keys couldn t be smaller, not the opposite.

(they only made shorter keycaps once but you re still stuck with a 1" thick kb)

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

If you're going to use a surface that hard with no tactile feedback you'd probably be better off using the tablet itself unless you're really worried about the screen real estate taken by the software keyboard.

i agree with this, aren't things like TVs becoming thin enough? its starting to get stupid with the "smaller form factor" stuff. 

I don't want my TV to get blown over when i turn on a fan or open the window.

If it is very thin then it would be pretty easy to lift up and easy to break if you type using for nails. Don't really see the point of this. Would rather have a thicker sturdier keyboard instead.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I wish people would stop making claims like this, so now which one is the thinest? :D

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/cambridge-silicon-radio-unveils-the-worlds-thinnest-keyboard/

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

I wish people would stop making claims like this, so now which one is the thinest? :D

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/cambridge-silicon-radio-unveils-the-worlds-thinnest-keyboard/

this one doesn t have a thickness...

http://www.celluon.com/products.php

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

I imagine that would feel terrible to type on. I think I'd prefer the more tactical feedback of a laptop keyboard.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.