College

GSTARR

This might seem like a stupid questions to some, but based on (i don't know, the smallest dorm you've ever been in) would you say that a full tower pc could fit?

Shipping sucks

Depends on how creative you want to get. If you're super desperate, mount it to the ceiling / wall or something like that. There's really no way you can't get it to work.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

I'm not currently, have ever, or plan to live in a dorm, but I've toured a few cramped ones and there should be no issue fitting a full tower rig in them.

Worst case scenario, you hang it from the ceiling or something.

Can't imagine any scenario in which a tower wouldn't fit in a room. The problem would be desk size, depending on how many monitors you have.

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

Many people had desktops in my dorm when I was in college. No biggy. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

My computer was small enough to fit into my keyboard.

It was great.

you can always buy long cables and put it under your bed :)

The bigger problem is fitting a decent sized desk imo.. 

^this. probably the best option if it's as small as what I had. I was forced to leave the tower at home and relay on my laptop my final year due to space. But I did see more committed people put it under their beds (using those risers to lift the bed higher) or in their closets. They just got very long cables and wireless peripherals...

Can't imagine any scenario in which a tower wouldn't fit in a room. The problem would be desk size, depending on how many monitors you have.

Imagine it...my uni had some broom closet sized rooms (I lived in one my final year). A tower would not have fit comfortably in there

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

I brought my desktop computer to my dorm and everything fits on my desk just fine. I even used a monitor stand so my laptop can fit underneath my monitor. A lot of other people bring their desktops too it's not as uncommon as you think.

It will fit in all dorms assuming you get creative. 99% of dorms it will be easy :)

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

My desk was provided but I didn't have any room to write on it once my setup was there. Then again I usually did my work in my bed.

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G