Recording software help please

So I have been using Fraps forever and I have a good enough computer to be able to run games like Fallout New Vegas at over 100 FPS if I need but the moment I turn fraps on to record it gets to the point of unplayable and I cant keep turning down my settings to get a record able video, can anyone suggest a better recording software please?

So I have been using Fraps forever and I have a good enough computer to be able to run games like Fallout New Vegas at over 100 FPS if I need but the moment I turn fraps on to record it gets to the point of unplayable and I cant keep turning down my settings to get a record able video, can anyone suggest a better recording software please?

Try bandicam, my buddy uses it. says better than fraps (haven't tried it though) why don't you give it a shot

You have a GTX 970 , why are you not using Shadowplay?!

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I love Dxtory so far..

DXTORY4LYFE...... but seriously its the best i have ever used

CPU- Intel i9 9900k | Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I | RAM- Kingston HyperX 32GB | GPU- Nvidia 2080ti Reference

Case- NCase v6.1 | Storage- x2 2tb WD m.2  | PSU- Corsair SF750 | Cooling- NZXT Kraken X52

MSI AB....

Just saying and that's my Phenom II + 580 Vsync at 75hz.. it drops frames here and there due to CPU and the Unreal engine.

Encode settings were crazy high 270,000 bit rate lol.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

I haven't tried shadowplay but I don't think it does what I need to be able to use the footage for a good playthrough but I'll check

What codecs you guys have for Dxtory?

I have problems in recording a stable 50(*)FPS recording of 2560x1440.

I could record loseless as I have 3TB HDD, but still need something to keep my framerates relatively high. Using the YUV422 BT.709 atm. Any suggestions?

I haven't tried shadowplay but I don't think it does what I need to be able to use the footage for a good playthrough but I'll check

you should be using nvenc on your gpu for this

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

you should be using nvenc on your gpu for this

4 real

I'd like to know the same as him but with 1080p 60 or so FPS

get shadowplay

fraps is outdated, ever since OBS and shadowplay came out

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I would recommend DXTory, although DXTory (just for me) has been quite buggy on my computer.

get shadowplay

fraps is outdated, ever since OBS and shadowplay came out

Isn't shadow play only available on NVidia cards?

Isn't shadow play only available on NVidia cards?

yes

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)