urgent help needed with booting from USB

Hi if anyone could help me out with this issue i'd be very grateful,

my issue is.. I'm trying to boot windows 10 from a usb, the issue is tho. I'm using a mac to download the windows ISO and i cant seem to find a software that allows me to actually format the usb.

i've been on the windows website and the only tool they offer is the one for windows devices only.

if anyone can tell me how to format the usb on a mac so that i can stick the windows file on there i'd appreciate it. 

or if you can link to a video that will solve my problems or a software similar to the windows one or "rufus - create bootable drives the easy way" i'd also appreciate that xD :rolleyes: 

- Feidhelm 

Hi if anyone could help me out with this issue i'd be very grateful,

my issue is.. I'm trying to boot windows 10 from a usb, the issue is tho. I'm using a mac to download the windows ISO and i cant seem to find a software that allows me to actually format the usb.

i've been on the windows website and the only tool they offer is the one for windows devices only.

if anyone can tell me how to format the usb on a mac so that i can stick the windows file on there i'd appreciate it. 

or if you can link to a video that will solve my problems or a software similar to the windows one or "rufus - create bootable drives the easy way" i'd also appreciate that xD :rolleyes:

- Feidhelm 

Format it in the MS-DOS (Fat 32) or exFAT format and select the MBR partition table.

|| CPU - i7 4790K @4.6GHz || GPU - MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G || Motherboard - Asus Z97-A || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury @1866MHz |Case Be quiet! Silent Base 800 ||

|| CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Storage - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate Barracuda 2TB (+ WD Caviar Green 2TB) ||

|| Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core || Keyboard - Corsair K70 (MX Red) ||

Make it a Ms-Dos Fat format and select the MBR partition table

^^ Exactly.  Do you know how to boot from it?  That part's easy.

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

Format it in the MS-DOS (Fat 32) or exFAT format and select the MBR partition table.

can i just partition it once and then put the os in there? 

^^ Exactly.  Do you know how to boot from it?  That part's easy.

it's the case of plugging it into the motherboard ion the rear IO using the 2.0 usb and then going to boot menu

Yep, the boot menu keys are there I belive : https://craftedflash.com/info/how-boot-computer-from-usb-flash-drive

|| CPU - i7 4790K @4.6GHz || GPU - MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G || Motherboard - Asus Z97-A || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury @1866MHz |Case Be quiet! Silent Base 800 ||

|| CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Storage - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate Barracuda 2TB (+ WD Caviar Green 2TB) ||

You have to format the USB and then put the windows intaller

it's the case of plugging it into the motherboard ion the rear IO using the 2.0 usb and then going to boot menu

You got it! 

Format and partition it.  Then you're good.

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

You got it!

Format and partition it. Then you're good.

Ok so I'm doing it now and it's black screening saying "reboot and select proper media boot device"

You got it! 

Format and partition it.  Then you're good.

ok so i formatted it and partitioned it. but it is just black screening with "reboot and select boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"