Windows Mobile Insider 10586.71 planned for release on Patch Tuseday

AlTech

Microsoft! What is this? We're still on the main build number 10586? Seriously? You still have that many bugs left to be ironed out?

So Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.71 is probably gonna be released this Patch Tuesday. Patch Tuesday is the day every week where Microsoft releases bug fix updates FOR OFFICIAL RELEASES.

The significance of this is that this may be the first "OFFICIAL" release since 10586.36.

As such, current users of 10586.36 will benefit from all the bugs fixed in 10586.63 and the upcoming .71 .

Our reports have also revealed that build 10586.71 is being tested on Windows 10 Mobile and it too could be released for Insiders on the Fast Ring before a wider general release sometime in February for non-Insider phones. This information is speculative at this time.

Microsoft last updated the Insider Fast Ring for Mobile on Friday, January 8 when the OS was updated to 10586.63. However, that update has not yet been approved for non-Insiders, and it may just skip to .71 or later.

Microsoft has been keeping their mobile and desktop OS with the same build numbers for a few weeks now. However, their releases are sometimes timed together, other times Mobile comes a few days later.

Insider Fast Ring update have diverged lately with the desktop OS being branched to Redstone (RS1) for early testing by users, whereas Mobile is still in the critical patch phase to improve general reliability before going to the next chapter of Windows 10 Mobile Redstone for 2016.

Leave a comment below!

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-build-1058671-update-due-tuesday

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

This is becoming a joke now; firstly they said they'll be pushing the update out around December 2015, then it was early 2016 (January-ish) and now so sources (rather speculators) are saying that it's been delayed AGAIN to about the end of February or early March! 

This is becoming a joke now; firstly they said they'll be pushing the update out around December 2015, then it was early 2016 (January-ish) and now so sources (rather speculators) are saying that it's been delayed AGAIN to about the end of February or early March! 

Apparently the first wave of builds is coming in mid to late february. Because right now on some phones, Win10 Mobile is a buggy piece of utter shit. Like the Lumia 950, 950XL

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

ok, first, AluminiumTech, you can calm down a bit.

And second:

1- Microsoft said that EARLY 2016 older Lumia phone would have the official release of Windows 10 Mobile (those devices that are compatible). They never said December, They never said January. Stop taking rumors as facts.

2- Microsoft focus right now is to have more phones on the Windows 10 Mobile. So, the focus is on updating the OS to support these phones, and fix whatever bug is needed to be fixed. Features, optimization and minor bugs fixes will come later, once Microsoft has enougth user base, they can focus on the rest.

3- Build number has no relation with the number of bugs fixed. It is the number of times they package everything and hit that build button, and goes through testing. Build 101 from Build 100 can have 1 bug fix, like it have 10,000 of them fixed. You don't know. And the way it works for every company differs.

Apparently the first wave of builds is coming in mid to late february. Because right now on some phones, Win10 Mobile is a buggy piece of utter shit. Like the Lumia 950, 950XL

I have the Lumia 950 XL, and it isn't "buggy piece of utter shit". I have been using extensively, and the only bug I encounter is that the animation for changing music track on the notification bar at the top. And changing Privacy > Message option, changes the option, and crashes the Setting panel. The changes are applied. Beside that, the phone has been very solid for me. I switch from the official to insider preview, all I noticed is a bit improved battery life, an issue on the device if you use Edge or takes lots of pictures. Both eat battery. Beside that, so far, it is a very solid phone, mature, joy to use, and has features that I didn't expect the OS to have. Bringing closer to Android (minus the jail break/root and do what you want).

Who said what? They didn't say anything, beside early 2016. that means they have until March.

Every developer uses a different version scheme. Microsoft seems to use version number and build number both interchangeably and separately.

On release version, they seem to use build number + a point value to say they're only fixing bugs and vulnerabilities.

On insider builds they bump the actual build numbers on pretty much every release since things can change and features be added rapidly. No build is final, so they'll bump the number til it is and when pushed to release, it'll get a point number added to indicate bug fixes it would seem.

I doubt you'll see 10586 change for release builds any time soon.

Desktop has started insider builds for Redstone but right now it's only under the hood changes. It seems like Mobile isn't stable enough to start Redstone development. It seems like releases for different devices will be perpetually staggered if this keeps up.

I have the Lumia 950 XL, and it isn't "buggy piece of utter shit". I have been using extensively, and the only bug I encounter is that the animation for changing music track on the notification bar at the top. And changing Privacy > Message option, changes the option, and crashes the Setting panel. The changes are applied. Beside that, the phone has been very solid for me. I switch from the official to insider preview, all I noticed is a bit improved battery life, an issue on the device if you use Edge or takes lots of pictures. Both eat battery. Beside that, so far, it is a very solid phone, mature, joy to use, and has features that I didn't expect the OS to have. Bringing closer to Android (minus the jail break/root and do what you want).

Reviewers are saying it's very buggy. And they don't recommend it because of it (at least the reviews i've watched) . And some reviewers dare call it "A buggy mess". (Granted they're using the .36 update but still)

ok, first, AluminiumTech, you can calm down a bit.

And second:

1- Microsoft said that EARLY 2016 older Lumia phone would have the official release of Windows 10 Mobile (those devices that are compatible). They never said December, They never said January. Stop taking rumors as facts.

2- Microsoft focus right now is to have more phones on the Windows 10 Mobile. So, the focus is on updating the OS to support these phones, and fix whatever bug is needed to be fixed. Features, optimization and minor bugs fixes will come later, once Microsoft has enougth user base, they can focus on the rest.

3- Build number has no relation with the number of bugs fixed. It is the number of times they package everything and hit that build button, and goes through testing. Build 101 from Build 100 can have 1 bug fix, like it have 10,000 of them fixed. You don't know. And the way it works for every company differs.

Well with Microsoft a build with a . means only a few bugs gets fixed.

I did tone down the post.

I never said anything about older Lumias in the post.

Who said what? They didn't say anything, beside early 2016. that means they have until March.

The carriers leaked that.

Reviewers are saying it's very buggy. And they don't recommend it because of it (at least the reviews i've watched) . And some reviewers dare call it "A buggy mess". (Granted they're using the .36 update but still)

Yup. And I am not going to deny that some people have issues.

But, I am going to say that over the years, I have learned that anything from Microsoft, reviews love to exaggerate issues, or plain lie issues. Unless you have this brand power where they can no longer do this because won't believe it.

Example: Surface. The Pro 1 was trashed. And so is the Pro 2. I have it, and it is the best Windows experience from a manufactured PC I ever had. Reaching like my custom build system, where everything, just works. Some complaint was the pen holding with magnets only, no silo, and pen cost. Surface Pro 4 come out... "OMG pen hold with magnets???!! Best.. idea... EVAR!!!" Like WTF?.

Zune, horrible review.. laugh at. My iPods always broke each year. I was tired, especially that well.. it's not cheap device. I was feed up, so I got the Zune. My first MS hardware, despite the bad reviews, (I was like, it will break after a year, it is cheap, and bundled with a bunch of accessories by the store as no one was buying it.) Result: Awesome device. Awesome software, the hated software GUI, was so awesome, it define the GUI language Metro, which you can see that Android Material design is inspired from, with no deny, with its flat look, simplistic icons and components, and limited colors.

My Zune was actively used, and dropped countless times. Still works today.

And, people who used the device, will all tell you how nice the device was.

So all to say, most review sites have a bias against Microsoft. Finding good reviews, is tricky. Because you also have to be careful with Pro bias Microsoft products sites, who are similar to Apple pro bias sites, where everything is perfect.

The carriers leaked that.

So, no official statement. My point exactly.

I disagree. Granted both phones were kinda buggy when it was first released, but every W10M and firmware update just makes the phone better with noticeable improvements. I've been using 950XL for over a month now as my daily driver so I have real first hand experience.