r9 380 4 monitors?

TechFanboy
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,

that should work. just make sure that if you use an adapter, its an "active adapter". I currently am running 3 DVI monitors, but one uses an active adapter to convert to DP in order to get around the whole 2 legacy connections issue.

According to the Anandtech article you can use 3 legacy connections if all three monitors are identical, which it sounds like they are in this case. That can be done with the 2x DVI ports and 1x HDMI port on the card. The fourth monitor will be done from a DisplayPort to VGA adapter, which will work fine.

Hi.. Will an r9 380 run 4 monitors? it's really confusing by how AMD document this.. 

Okay so my setup will be 3 DELL 2007WFP (this monitos has a DVI-D and vga slot) and 1 LG 20EN33 (Vga Only) 

From what i've research is : You can only run 2 legacy outputs and the 3rd monitor should be in the DP. 

: You can now run 3 legacy outputs as long as each is identical.                    Reference: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7400/the-radeon-r9-280x-review-feat-asus-xfx/3

So almost all of r9 380 have 2 x DVI, 1 HDMI and 1 DP. So my setup will be the 2 Dell monitors will run of the 2 DVI ports. the 3rd dell monitor will run on HDMI, and the 4th Monitor will run on the DP (using an active DP adpater to VGA).

What do you think guys? Will it work? I don't have time to practically test this because i will order my card Thru Amazon. (i'm in Qatar). And GPU's here cost A TON!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

that should work. just make sure that if you use an adapter, its an "active adapter". I currently am running 3 DVI monitors, but one uses an active adapter to convert to DP in order to get around the whole 2 legacy connections issue.

BTW is is a 280 or 380, you use both in your post/title.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

So almost all of r9 380 have 2 x DVI, 1 HDMI and 1 DP. So my setup will be the 2 Dell monitors will run of the 2 DVI ports. the 3rd dell monitor will run on HDMI, and the 4th Monitor will run on the DP (using an active DP adpater to VGA).

That should work fine.

According to the Anandtech article you can use 3 legacy connections if all three monitors are identical, which it sounds like they are in this case. That can be done with the 2x DVI ports and 1x HDMI port on the card. The fourth monitor will be done from a DisplayPort to VGA adapter, which will work fine.

That should work fine.

Nice Thanks Guys =)) In Nvidia's side this is much easier just plug and play hahaha! =))  :D  :D  :D  :D But Will try AMD this time  :D  :D  :D

yeah but he is limited to 2 DVIs, 1 HDMI and 1 DP because of his GPU.

also i was referencing my setup with has 2 identical monitors and 1 that is different.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

haha my bad sorry. It's 380 haha. but i think it should be fine. thanks