AMD only RAM? lol?

Lol why are second hand sites selling their RAM as "AMD only" sometimes this seem to be very obvious it is bullshit because it runs the same voltage and speed and is DDR.

I see this over Aliexpress & this for example...: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291489434877 if you look to the sticker on the ram it is just regular DDR3 1600Mhz RAM... 

All of it explaining it is High Density Memory basicly 90% of high end support...

It's because they have no idea what the fuck it is. That's why there's always so many unnecessary specs in the title. They just copy+paste from whatever site they can find.

And since they don't know RAM is universal, they think it only works with the type of PC they bought.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

It's shoddy marketing. My G. Skill Ripjaw Z series says all this stuff on the front about how it's "intel optimized!!! core i3!!!!" it's just marketing.

It's because they have no idea what the fuck it is. That's why there's always so many unnecessary specs in the title. They just copy+paste from whatever site they can find.

And since they don't know RAM is universal, they think it only works with the type of PC they bought.

I can see how it would go that way as well,

My ~$200 USD build:

AMD A8-7600    G. Skill Ripjaws Z @1800 CAS 8     EVGA 500w 80+ PSU    Gigabyte GAF2A68HM-DS2H Motherboard

They have other adverts with higher priced "Intel" ram, this is how they fool costumers buying the more expensive RAM...

that's how capitalizm works

ching chong ching chong diamond braided hdmi Cable ching chong

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

There is Radeon ram. It's not incompatible with Intel, but I have found it to work quite nicely when I very done and apu systems

I'll put that to the test...

I bought 2x4 DDR3 1600Mhz set due necroposting this isnt gonna make it to a report is it :D

It's marketing.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It doesn't sound right but theres a possibility? 

Probably just idiots 

And for the future, please be careful of posting GIFs like the one above. If you put it in every post(and since it's non-related to this thread), it will likely be considered spam and removed.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

And for the future, please be careful of posting GIFs like the one above. If you put it in every post(and since it's non-related to this thread), it will likely be considered spam and removed.

sorry xD

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

There is Radeon ram. It's not incompatible with Intel, but I have found it to work quite nicely when I very done and apu systems

Have you tested that? AFAIK, Radeon RAM is just re-branded standard desktop memory.

Also, AMD's own page claims they're compatible with Intel platforms: http://www.radeonmemory.com/desktop_memory_consumer.php

that's how capitalizm works

ching chong ching chong diamond braided hdmi Cable ching chong

1) capitalism*

2) No need for the ching ching chongs, that's just unnecessary.

Just like: 

a7dfc6be_vbattach40339.jpeg

Lol Nvidia only sells ddr2 ram. At least amd's is ddr3. And their r9 ram is pretty good too it's 2400 MHz with decent timings.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Have you tested that? AFAIK, Radeon RAM is just re-branded standard desktop memory.

Also, AMD's own page claims they're compatible with Intel platforms: http://www.radeonmemory.com/desktop_memory_consumer.php

I said not incompatible. Meaning they are fully compatible with Intel systems. And I did test it using very high speed dimms from Radeon and crucial. I found that when using an amd apu they performed only Slightly better when gaming. Still an increase

Lol Nvidia only sells ddr2 ram. At least amd's is ddr3. And their r9 ram is pretty good too it's 2400 MHz with decent timings.

Nah, this is just OCZ's stupid branding. They also had ATI, ATI Crossfire certified, and AMD Black Edition RAM:

1541978754.jpg

1.jpg

H99OW54.jpg

Edit: Almost forgot about the Intel extreme edition RAM lol

Maybe it stems from the time that Ivy Bridge needed lower voltage RAM than contemporary AMD systems.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

The ram is DDR3, it will work on the AMD board cause it's DDR3. It will not work on that Intel board cause it runs on DDR2. :rolleyes:

It's not new ram, where Intel has XMP. AMD has something similar call AMP, so you can set the ram in the bios just like Intel's XMP.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list