Google Gaming console?

Themetalgod50

Looks like a gamecube

thanks for re-iterating a comment already made in the comment section of the article

Google Gaming console? seam to be legit.

http://kotaku.com/id-buy-this-google-games-console-in-a-heartbeat-1249567829

There's no such thing as a Google games console.

First line man.

This is just a cool though, not news.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

The Google/Android gaming console is inevitable, no matter what your opinion is on it.  Very soon, mobile hardware will be only a fraction of the power of next-gen consoles, and they will exceed previous generation consoles' processing power easily.  So when it comes to performance, it will be a non-issue.

On the software side of things, Android is very popular, and the library is huge.  To convince people of buying a home console where they actually already own games for it (unlike a new Xbox One console), is a very easy sell.  So that part of the sell is covered.

I've already posted on these forums which gives evidence as to why an Android console will succeed, so I won't reiterate on those points.  I am a PC guy as well as a programmer, but what attracts me to Android is free self-publishing.  I enjoy freedom, and I believe that a game should fail only because the gamers decided not to buy the game, i.e. vote with their dollars.  There should be no middle-man between the developer and their potential customers.  Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo have failed at this.  Even Steam has failed at this, since Greenlight is not what people think it is.

In short, Android is good because Google should stay out of our business when it comes to creating games and content, and exposing this to a sea of potential customers, and so should the other major console makers.

"Lets put a phone into a box, add some standard full sized ports and a power cord, everyone will buy it."

It didn't go so well for OUYA, what makes google think it can do better?

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

OUYA didn't succeed because it didn't have good games, I think it would have succeeded if they had better games, and I think this will fail unless they start going around and ask for developers to make very high end games like BF4, TitanFall, Watch Dogs, and Destiny. If they do this they will most likely succeed where OUYA failed.

Back from the dead....

"Lets put a phone into a box, add some standard full sized ports and a power cord, everyone will buy it."

It didn't go so well for OUYA, what makes google think it can do better?

What makes Google think they can do it better?  Wow... I am going to let Linus take this one, if he's reading. :)

What makes Google think they can do it better?  Wow... I am going to let Linus take this one, if he's reading. :)

Of course google will be able to popularize it, but OUYA did the best it could, great controller and low cost.  The only thing google would do differently is add support for all the dumb things they make and put non touch optimized stock android on it, it will still have the same problem as OUYA.  If OUYA added support to make your phone a controller to more accurately use touch optimized games, then it would be better.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Of course google will be able to popularize it, but OUYA did the best it could, great controller and low cost.  The only thing google would do differently is add support for all the dumb things they make and put non touch optimized stock android on it, it will still have the same problem as OUYA.  If OUYA added support to make your phone a controller to more accurately use touch optimized games, then it would be better.

My Linus remark was that he knows a bit about hardware distribution channels, etc etc.. more than I'll ever know.  But if Google wants to secure high-end, energy efficient, cheap mobile GPUs in obscene quantities, then they have the power and capital to do it.  By the time Ouya came out, the Tegra 4 was just around the corner, and the Tegra 3 was yesterday's news.  And, I have the original Nexus 7, and the Tegra 3 is barely suitable for 720p gaming, let alone what Ouya tried to do with 1080p HD gaming.

So, if Google chooses, they can bulk order millions of upcoming Tegra 5 chips and make a cheap console out of it, or at least get some other hardware manufacturers to make it, e.g. LG or Asus.  They can line this up by merely waving their hand and saying "make it so".

My Linus remark was that he knows a bit about hardware distribution channels, etc etc.. more than I'll ever know.  But if Google wants to secure high-end, energy efficient, cheap mobile GPUs in obscene quantities, then they have the power and capital to do it.  By the time Ouya came out, the Tegra 4 was just around the corner, and the Tegra 3 was yesterday's news.  And, I have the original Nexus 7, and the Tegra 3 is barely suitable for 720p gaming, let alone what Ouya tried to do with 1080p HD gaming.

So, if Google chooses, they can bulk order millions of upcoming Tegra 5 chips and make a cheap console out of it, or at least get some other hardware manufacturers to make it, e.g. LG or Asus.  They can line this up by merely waving their hand and saying "make it so".

AMD mainstream consoles vs. Nvidia android console

AMD mainstream consoles vs. Nvidia android console

This year, AMD would win that battle.  Next year, and the year after as well.  Before the next gen console cycle is out, 8-10 years from now, nVidia wins.

I would buy one

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Looks incredible but .... I call bullshit!!

Specs:

xTguqop.jpg

12 cores at 5Ghz, awesome but not realistic tbh

4k and 3D at 120hz doable and awesome but .....

Ram... 48 Gig, come on!!

HDMI was JUST announced

Wifi 802.11 ac -  The standard was developed from 2011 through 2013, with final 802.11 Working Group approval and publication scheduled for early 2014. Basically wont be out until 2015 as published means released

Take in to account that this was Published on the 27th of August and there is still nothing from google and all vids (youtube, Vimeo and any other I have seen) are all from the same guy Signature Dumary aka Joseph Dumary. 

I would love this to be for real and I hope someone proves me wrong tbh... please do...

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Google could easily make a great console. They really can do whatever they like and make it succesful, expect for that $200 nexus cube accesory.

I want this t happen.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.