Tubecore surpasses its funding goal by 500% on Kickstarter

mgsstar

Today, Tubecore announced that it has surpassed its Kickstarter funding goal by more than 500 percent, raising almost $100,000 with more than 8 days remaining. The Tubecore Duo is a home audio system that is based off of a Raspberry Pi and a tube-based audio amplifier.

32706_1_tubecore_surpasses_its_funding_g

The device is capable of streaming music over Wi-Fi and features built-in XBMC compatibility. The entire project is open source and is built with the hardware hacker and modder in mind. "The Duo's cabinet design is based on mid-century design principles," says co-founder and main designer Jason Perkins, "delivering more for less, allowing us to guarantee the hand-crafted cabinet for a lifetime. For a simpler user experience, the Duo utilizes a simple one source interface to control all onboard system features."

Source: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/32706/tubecore-surpasses-its-funding-goal-by-500-on-kickstarter/index.html

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tubecore/tubecore-duo

This is pretty amazing that people are donating even though it is way past its goal. This tube-based audio amp is very compact and it is very powerful. :)

Its very funny that only 1 person pledged $30 or more and most people just pledged more than that in order to get their hands on this device.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

This is pretty cool!

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

This is an amazing product. I like that they did all of the "right things" (design plans, prototype, all the specs). I really wish I had the money to invest in it.

All because I saw this on LTT.com I became a backer for the first time ever. Really loving this product and can't wait to get it.

CPU: 3570K @ 4.3Ghz MOBO: ASUS P8z77-v Deluxe RAM: 2-4GB Gskill GPU: EVGA 670 FTW SSD: Vertex 4 256 Case: CM HAF 932

So flippin COOL

I wonder how this would boost the Active Monitors Industry for Sound Engineering

We need more of these...!!!

This is really expensive...

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Kuuuul! i LOVE the look of such cabinets.. 

Never thought of using my 'Pi for streaming music... Thanks for the idea :D

MEH

Humm... you can buy one today:

V30 Hybrid Tube Amplifier

d3c7f21445ade2f82c5a5cea76dffd0a_medium.

e69e24f137b744b3b3794a6550a76c9b_medium.

5b4d62ef9819122967f7654321d5cd3c_medium.

But if you want to wait 6 months have at it.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.