New headphones

I am looking to get a new pair of headphones, my budget is probably around up to $200 usd. I like to listen to music alot, I like bass and overall nice sound. I also do a lot of gaming, BF3 and other shooters. I have heard that Sennheiser hd 5xx headphones are good, but I don't know. I would prefer to get over-ear headphones too as that is what I have right now. Also, I will be using onboard sound on a Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Get 150$ headphones and a Fiio E10

What would an amp do? I'm kind of a noob at audio :P

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

You need an amplifier to make high impedance headphones louder.

If you like bass, you can't beat the DT 990 and a good amp.

It makes the audio sound louder, with more power and increse the quality of the music

You need an amplifier to make high impedance headphones louder.

If you like bass, you can't beat the DT 990 and a good amp.

The DT 990 250 ohms on amazon are way out of my price range, they're like $280 usd :(

I'll check those out, I recommended those to my cousin who wanted beats because I heard they have decent bass... he bought beats

If I bought these, would I get any benefit to get an amp like the Fiio E10 that they recommended earlier?

I'll check those out, I recommended those to my cousin who wanted beats because I heard they have decent bass... he bought beats

If I bought these, would I get any benefit to get an amp like the Fiio E10 that they recommended earlier?

"facepalm" all they seem to want is that darn B to prove they are cool the fannywangs are incredible and look the same yes they are called fannywangs lol but I would still go audio technica or sennheiser.

So should I go with DT 990's with a Fiio E10 or ATH-M50's with the same amp?

990's, the M50's aren't that good for the price.

If you can, get the objective2, it will sound better and have more power.

sennheiser HD5xx series are circumaural (over the ear style)

I haven't used much better for gaming.

and they aren't all that power hungry so you could skip the amp.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

So should I go with DT 990's with a Fiio E10 or ATH-M50's with the same amp?

That one is up to you.  $150 really is the sweet spot for good headphones, as long as you don't mind the coiled cable.  If you like straight cables, the M50 has a version with a straight cable.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

you can pick up sennheiser HD 598 for around 200 bucks on ebay, i got mine for 150 in Europe. For music so far i haven’t heard any better sounding headphones. Not that big on bass but really good sound reproduction. Other than the epic sound the other awesome part is the comfort. If you like the vintage car style then go for it, won’t be disappointed :)

Cpu: Intel i7 2600k @4.2 Ghz | Case: Corsair 650D | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD5RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 16gb | Graphics Card: MSI GTX 780

Power Supply: Corsair AX850  Keyboard: Corsair K95  | Mouse: Razer Imperator Headphones : Sennheiser HD598