CS:GO Screen Tearing

Matt_Twinkletoes

Is a 144hz monitor the only way to reduce screen tearing in CS:GO without having the input lag with v-sync on?

Processor i5 4440 Graphics Card GTX 980ti Motherboard MSI B85M-G43 Memory 8GB Storage 1TB HDD Power Supply XFX TS 750W Case Fractal Design Core 1300

Just don't use V-Sync.

Also, try Borderless Windowed mode. It takes away the ability to change your brightness, but it also fixes screen tearing.

I used to be quite active here.

Yeah, but how bad is the screen tearing that you have? I have ~200 FPS on CS:GO/League and I don't experience tearing (or at least noticeably) in either games.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

144hz will still tear

some people say setting a limit at 120 or something could solve it, but i haven't found anything that would fix the tearing. 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Yeah, but how bad is the screen tearing that you have? I have ~200 FPS on CS:GO/League and I don't experience tearing (or at least noticeably) in either games.

I get 300 fps and honestly when flipping around a knife is is utterly terrible

Processor i5 4440 Graphics Card GTX 980ti Motherboard MSI B85M-G43 Memory 8GB Storage 1TB HDD Power Supply XFX TS 750W Case Fractal Design Core 1300

I get 300 fps and honestly when flipping around a knife is is utterly terrible

Maybe it's because I play on windowed borderless mode as shown above, but I didn't think that did anything.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

I find that no matter what you do, you will still have tearing if you want lowest possible latency. Otherwise, you have to compromise latency.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Use RivaTuner in MSI Afterburner's suite to lock the refresh rate to 60. 

Use RivaTuner in MSI Afterburner's suite to lock the refresh rate to 60. 

where is that

Just don't use V-Sync.

Also, try Borderless Windowed mode. It takes away the ability to change your brightness, but it also fixes screen tearing.

wow that helped so much thanks

Is a 144hz monitor the only way to reduce screen tearing in CS:GO without having the input lag with v-sync on?

Gsync or Freesync :D

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Not sure if this will work, but you could try capping your FPS at 144/145FPS.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

I upgraded from 60Hz to 144Hz and now there is no visible screen tearing

Not sure if this will work, but you could try capping your FPS at 144/145FPS.

^DO NOT do this. This will massively increase input lag.

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

V sync creates screen tearing.  Turn it off.  The game will have screen tearing no matter what, but it can be reduced by things like 144hz monitors, Gsync/freesync, and having a decent computer.

Just don't use V-Sync.

Borderless Windowed forces vsync

Borderless Windowed forces vsync

It doesn't introduce the input lag though IIRC.

I used to be quite active here.

Vsync works great on CS:GO eliminating screen tear entirely. It introduces unbearable latency/lag making it not a good solution. Valve should fix their net code on CS:GO. I just picked up Call Of Duty Black Ops II, I know an old game 2012. The netcode was far superior than on CS:GO with regard to screen tear and lag.

When I used to play I did fullscreen and capped my framerate/refresh rate via launch options to 145. I have a 60Hz monitor, but that got rid of my input lag and I didn't have any screen tearing whatsoever.

144hz still tears but it's that fast u won't notice it

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933