How Many WPM Can You Type? [POLL]

LtStaffel

Hi,

just curious as to the average typing speed of the community here.  Please vote based off of 10fastfingers.com (not advertising) just to make sure we all have the same difficulty. I do just over 100.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

52 WPM

pretty sad for a Comp Sci student :(

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

According to 10fastfingers.com, 91 WPM, however when typing full on sentences with punctuation, it's about 60 - 80

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

aw.... 46wpm

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

75 WPM

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

I do not think that they are accurate for some people, for me i can not type that fast and accurate when i am not looking at the keyboard so i have to keep stopping and looking up at the screen to see what i need to type. 

52 WPM

I'm at 42. takes me forever to write code

I do not think that they are accurate for some people, for me i can not type that fast and accurate when i am not looking at the keyboard so i have to keep stopping and looking up at the screen to see what i need to type. 

It's still accurate, since that is part of typing (whether or not you look at the keyboard.)

Spoiler

Easier to write things when it flows off my mind than trying to copy the words lol.

82 effective 

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

The hacks are storng with this one, LUKE.

What hacks? That's a legit video. I'll upload it to YT and put a viewer here then if you don't trust it.

Spoiler

What hacks? That's a legit video. I'll upload it to YT and put a viewer here then if you don't trust it.

Use ur i phone to record your hands.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

I'm 14 years old almost 15 and I type at 67 WPM. I'm improving B)

It's still accurate, since that is part of typing (whether or not you look at the keyboard.)

A lot of the time it is not though, i don't need to look at the screen to type down something i have in my head.

Use ur i phone to record your hands.

Oooh I thought you meant you thought I was trying to give you a virus.  Yes that was a JS assisted typing test :P

Spoiler

52 WPM

You do not need to type that fast unless you can actually write code that fast. I only know a few people who can code as fast as they can type and with a few if not any compiling errors.

52 WPM

I'm at 42. takes me forever to write code

I've never ever ever sat down and wrote code at 52 WPM.  It's always, write one line...wait for like 15 seconds....write another line...oh shit that was wrong, oh no that other line was wrong too, etc, etc. 

Besides the languages that offer more direct access to memory are almost deliberately written to make you suffer.  It takes me so long to write anything in MIPS (fuck you $) compared to writing something in Python.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Depending on the test 60-80. A test with proper sentences and punctuation I'm in the 60s. In a test like FastFingers it's 70+ easy. I have very low air rate so I got that going for me which is nice.

:ph34r:

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzO4vYSkDo98LXBUNE5DWEtFMWc/view?usp=sharing

It's still processing. When it's done you can watch it. Get rekt.

BS. The world record is 212, so there's no way you're typing that fast unassisted.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

BS. The world record is 212, so there's no way you're typing that fast unassisted.

You're correct it was assisted, as you can see from my last post here :D JavaScript is nice

Spoiler