mechanical keyboard or normal keyboard

can you please tell me what is the benefit of mechanical keyboard?

and what what is the difference between a mechanical and a normal keyboard?

and please suggest me a cheap mechanical keyboard with led back lighting or a normal keyboard with lighting..

i cant find a discussion where i can post this..that's why i am posting it in this discussion!

A mechanical keyboard has a totally different feel. It's more satisfying than a standard keyboard. It's best to not spoil yourself with one, because you wont be able to go back once you make the switch. 

If you're spending $100+ on a keyboard, make sure it's mechanical. There's a lot to choose from it's really hard to find what you like without testing them in person. 

This is much like people buying audio. "will i notice any difference?" and then follow up with "get me something cheap".

Just get a regular dome-switch board man.. Unless you've got specific quarrels with normal boards, you will be fine on them.

The only benefit I found after transitioning to a mechanical keyboard is the better typing experience, and that's about it.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

whats your budget?

EDIT: Next time post in the peripherals section 

can you please tell me what is the benefit of mechanical keyboard?

and what what is the difference between a mechanical and a normal keyboard?

and please suggest me a cheap mechanical keyboard with led back lighting or a normal keyboard with lighting..

i cant find a discussion where i can post this..that's why i am posting it in this discussion!

There's a ton of variance within mechanical keyboards, and you will have to do the research yourself to find out which you prefer. You can spend ~$10 to get a Cherry MX sample key plate which will have Red, Blue, Black, Brown, and maybe some other switch types. Each switch variant carries a different sound, actuation pressure, and feel. If you want something more similar to a domed ultra-quiet key, although with much less "mushy" factor the browns are probably going to be what you like. If you want to wake someone up and love a really tactile feel while typing -blues, if you want a mix between the two reds will probably be your favorite. Red/brown switches are generally the most popular.

This also only covers Cherry keys. Omron and Kailh are the two other popular switch manufacturers and have various implementations from different keyboard manufacturers. In order to try those out you'll need to find a local vendor who carries them (and will let you test on them), which is somewhat hard to due. Keyboard reviews and Youtube videos would probably be the best source of info.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

Typing on anything but my Corsair K65 RGB is brutal.

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

Got a mechanical keyboard I'm December I cent ever go back to my old keyboard. Before I used a mechanical keyboard I never realized how a keyboard could mushy but now my old keyboard that ive used contently for over a year feels like complete mush. It uses louder versions of cherry mx blue. My keyboard is only £45 but it looks amazing (has white leds)

I've experienced both. Mechanical Keyboards have this quality to them that you just dont get with membrane. The keys feel so much nicer. Even simple mechaanical keyboards (like that rosewill one that is like $50 or less) are well worth it over a membrane in my opinion.

IM kind of in the market for a cheapish portable mechanical keyboard to use at the school lab. Membranes annoy me now, too squishy.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Much better activation force, causing a much smoother and easier writing over time.

We got some cheap rubberdomes in my university.. damn, so difficult to write something. If you dont press the button in 90° angle down, the activation force is much higher, which makes me miss a lot (because im used to my mechanical).

Go into a Store, and try out the diferenc switches.

Red, Blue, and Browns (inbetween the both) for example, and then chose. If you dont mind paying 60-80 bucks for a keyboard, Mechanical is the way to go.

OH god, Mechanical Keyboard, the king of the desktop, thelider in the revolution, the best sensation on the earth.

Okay, let's talk about it. My whole life I was using dirty and ugly peasants membrane keyboards, until i found my father's Keyboard IBM Model M from 1989, one of the best mechanical keyboards of all times. I was blown away by the touch of it, the the sensivity and the response time, In difference between the other membrane keyboards, which are silent but you don't know when you are really pressing a key, or they surprise you with they "long time and hard material with his robust body" And now is the only keyboard that I own, and i will not going to buy another i can assure it

So, yes the mechanical keyboards with retroillumination are expensive, very expensive but not really if you know that you are buying a mechanical keyboard. You can check out some keyboards like razer blackwidow chroma, or black widow without croma. na some other models of it, razor and others of course.

With membrane and retroilllumination you can get one with 20 bucks. or a little more. is not worth to pay more than 30 for a membrane keyboard, and 30 is a lot of money for this type of keyboard.

Compare prizes and elect yourself what keyboard will fit to your needs. I can say that write long texts in a mechanical keyboard is entertaining and rewarding. with a membrane... within half an hour you start to get tired and not hitting quite right the keys