Looking for Gaming (Ultrabook) 14''

Takeo

Hey guys, greetings from Germany.

As a student of 'Computer Enginnering' who has a favour for gaming and movies, I'm looking for a notebook which meets following criterias:

- Size: 14''

- CPU: Haswell i5 or i7

- GPU: nVidia graphics card. Something in the 7xx series. Optimus would be great.

- Display: at least 1440 x 900 IPS panel display

- Weight: max. 2.3kg (5.07lbs)

- Height: max. 2.54cm (1'')

Price limit is currently set to 1300 Euros (~1700$). But I shall try to raise a few more bucks if it is worth it.

Hope you can help me out here.

Nothing can fill all those criterias.

But razer blade fills out everything except ips panel and price

I would be surprised if something like that existed, Razer blade is similar to an ultrabook but its quite warm when gaming, maybe you should check it out linus has a video.

Gaming and ultrabook just dont go together at least not at this moment

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

Razer blade is similar to what you want

Nzxt Phantom 410 - I5 4670k stock - 7950 vapor x @ 1000mhz/1250mhz - Msi Z87 G45 - 8gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1600mhz - TX650 - Benq XL2420t - Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Deathadder 2013

Ahhh Ultrabooks. If you want to game on a laptop, don't.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Well generally the words "gaming" and "ultrabook" don't mesh together well.

What kind of games will you be playing?

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Obliterated within 20 minutes. Thanks for the fast response, guys.

The ultrabook criteria never really existed. It was just optional (hence the brackets). As you might have noticed, the height limitation is not usual for an ultrabook as well ;)

I just don't want to carry around a 2.5 - 3kg notebook which is kind of bulky and not easy to handle. In terms of statue I'm more of a small guy like Linus which makes smaller notebooks better for me.

What except the height of the notebook doesn't fit to the rest?

Lenovo Ideapad Y410p meets all requirements except weight, maybe thickness. And it's not as costly as a Razer Blade.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Obliterated within 20 minutes. Thanks for the fast response, guys.

The ultrabook criteria never really existed. It was just optional (hence the brackets). As you might have noticed, the height limitation is not usual for an ultrabook as well ;)

I just don't want to carry around a 2.5 - 3kg notebook which is kind of bulky and not easy to handle. In terms of statue I'm more of a small guy like Linus which makes smaller notebooks better for me.

What except the height of the notebook doesn't fit to the rest?

Asus G46 I think. Though I'm racist against Asus because their warranty is terrible. Or rather, the warranty is nice, their support in getting warranty is terrible. 

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Lenovo S310 fits the req except the cheaper display, also it is much cheaper

:/

please for the love of *** do not use a ultrabook for gaming. buy a solid laptop alienware, msi or so.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

please for the love of *** do not use a ultrabook for gaming. buy a solid laptop alienware, msi or so.

I do not insist on an ultrabook in any ways, but can you bring up something that is light enough (<2,4kg) which has a moderate gpu, Xsilent(X)?

The alienware has a horrible design and is extremely heavy. Not even considering it.

An msi would be possible if it wasn't so bulky and heavy. Remember, I'm a small person and need the notebook nearly on a daily basis.

Anyways, thanks so far. I'll be checking out the notebooks about one more month or so and let you know about the result or consult you again.

depends wat is you're budget range?

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Let me quote from my first post:

"Price limit is currently set to 1300 Euros (~1700$). But I shall try to raise a few more bucks if it is worth it."

MSI GE40 is a 14" screen with haswell i7 and a GTX 765M, but it doesn't have an IPS screen, AFAIK.

There's the Clevo W230ST that has a IPS 1080p screen but is a 13.3" screen.

Here's the review on the Clevo: http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo-reviews-owners-lounges/725922-htwingnuts-sager-np7330-clevo-w230st-review.html#lapcomps

Here's a list of Clevo reseller that you may be able to buy from: http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/652403-clevo-resellers-european-union-v1.html#nl

save a few more and buy this! it has a GTX765M :) its a 17" screen but it is 1080P, nice screen size for gaming.

http://www.msi.com/news-media/news/1575.html

MSI GE40 and GE60 seem right up your alley. The new Maingear Pulse 14 is also something to be considered. 

The Gigabyte P34G and the Maingear Pulse 14 look very interesting. Will check them out in detail a little bit more.

Thumbs up.

The Gigabyte P34G and the Maingear Pulse 14 look very interesting. Will check them out in detail a little bit more.

Thumbs up.

The Maingear Pulse 14 is the MSI 1492. The barebone of the MSI GE40. You could get it at XoticPC if you want: http://www.xoticpc.com/force-msi-1492-31003-760m-msi-ge40-barebones-p-5824.html?wconfigure=yes

The Asus UX302 is an ultrabook that should come with everything you're looking for, but a lower-end GT730m. That isn't going to be making any headlines, but you can certainly find settings to play games.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-TimelineU-M5-481TG-6814-14-Inch-Ultrabook/dp/B0085H65VS

doesnt meet all the requirements but it costs less than $1000 and it has dedicated graphics while being in the ultrabook form factor

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)