Thinking of getting the EVGA 210-GQ-0650-V1 to replace my failing PSU

Yummychickenblue

My current PSU is on the brink of death. To replace it I was thinking of this EVGA unit. 650 watts, which is plenty, 80+ Gold efficiency, only the motherboard cable is non-modular, and is ~$80. JohnnyGuru has a good review of it here. Is there something with a better value though or is this as good as the information claims?

My current PSU is on the brink of death. To replace it I was thinking of this EVGA unit. 650 watts, which is plenty, 80+ Gold efficiency, only the motherboard cable is non-modular, and is ~$80. JohnnyGuru has a good review of it here. Is there something with a better value though or is this as good as the information claims?

Trust JonnyGuru.

You could get an EVGA 750W B2, it's also really good and about $65. https://jet.com/product/detail/fa5dbe5150424a84b63deb2c8277b544?jcmp=pla:ggl:cwin_electronics_a2:electronics_accessories_computer_components_computer_power_supplies_a2_other:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&k_clickid=20a57421-7ec3-4538-859a-19fb425a136d&abkId=403-565153&gclid=CNuewZCPu8oCFQGTaQodHhUCjw

JonnhyGuru are very reviewers. 

you can go for this:

Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $55.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-21 09:31 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

The G2 is top of the line so doubt it and the only other gold PSUs I can think of in a lower price bracket are not at all modular so....

Edit: oh that's the GQ why does it say G2 then?

Either way it's good relative to price and quality

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

The G2 is top of the line so doubt it and the only other gold PSUs I can think of in a lower price bracket are not modular so....

except the GS also GQ tier 2

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

GQ are solid. Go for it

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

except the GS also GQ tier 2

GQ is Tier 1 IIRC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

GQ is Tier 1 IIRC

semi modular and not as good ripple control

It's 89 bucks and I said lower price bracket, I don't count rebate btw

the GS was 59.99..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

The G2 is top of the line so doubt it and the only other gold PSUs I can think of in a lower price bracket are not at all modular so....

Edit: oh that's the GQ why does it say G2 then?

I copied the wrong part number. It's fixed now

Ehh for 20 bucks more I would get an efficiency increase as well as modularity.

JonnhyGuru are very reviewers. 

safety snip

semi modular and not as good ripple controlthe GS was 59.99..

The Q stands for Quality, and being semi-modular doesn't drag it down to tier 2, you need those non-modular cables anyway

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

semi modular and not as good ripple controlthe GS was 59.99..

He updated the list to have more tiers it seems, if referring to the one in my sig

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

He updated the list to have more tiers it seems, if referring to the one in my sig

The Q stands for Quality, and being semi-modular doesn't drag it down to tier 2, you need those non-modular cables anyway

interestingly the GS is also tier 2 now.

interestingly the GS is also tier 2 now.

Okay, if he made 7 tiers now on the list then possibly you're correct with that, still an amazing power supply :P

Okay, if he made 7 tiers now on the list then possibly you're correct with that, still an amazing power supply :P

that I can't argue