Low FPS in Skyrim with a GTX 980

MyLittleMickeys

Before you ask, I have tried other games to make sure that my graphics card is actually working properly; games like Crysis 3 and stuff like that are running very smoothly. I have also tried the Heaven Benchmark test on ultra settings with a consistent 50-70 FPS.

So, this only happens for Skyrim for some very weird reason. I went overboard with 4K textures, and then decided to downgrade everything to 2K-1K, and even decreasing the quality of the ENB...but to no avail, the FPS is still very cruddy. Not only that, but whenever I turn around, I get really bad FPS stuttering; it makes the game nearly unplayable. 

I have reinstalled Skyrim over 4 times and have reinstalled my mods over 4 times (I'm using Mod Organizer, and even though that extra stuff wasn't necessary, I did it anyways to make sure it wasn't my core game that was in fault).

Do you guys have any idea of what I could do? Am I missing something in my .ini files? Is there some mod that I don't have? Is it because my uGridsToLoad=7 (though I highly doubt its just that)? I have disabled V-Sync in both the Nvidea Control Panel and in my SkyrimPrefs.ini, as I heard its recommended to do so (didn't do anything at all to help my FPS honestly).

I have seen people with a GTX 980 being able to pull off 4K textures with a high quality ENB with 40-60FPS....and it is really starting to piss me off.

Here is my rig:

- Intel Core i7 4790

- ASUS GTX 980 

- 600w PSU

- 16GB DDR3

I have my .ini files for you guys to look at to see if I am missing/doing anything wrong. Thanks!

Skyrim.txt

SkyrimPrefs.txt

1: Turn down thy loading area if thou can manage.

2: If thy pestilence persists, save thy game files and reinstall thou game

It looks as if the peasants have risen up, and found swords!

But their sword's look a little short, if you know what I mean!

Good! The squires need training anyway!

I think there's something that can go wrong with changing uGridsToLoad.  I would delete skyrimprefs.ini and skyrim.ini.  Also verify integrity of game cache.  

I would even try to use HODINI, which is the go to youtube channels .ini settings.  

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Make sure your graphics card is running in 16x with 1x.   I had issues with other games and it turned out one of my pcie slots only wanted to run my grfx card in 1x.  

My PC specs: Strix gtx 980ti, i7 5930k @4.1, 32GB RAM, 400GB intel 750 SSD, 

Some of those numbers seem way to high.

fSkyCellRefFadeDistance=500000.0000

You need to clean install skyrim

Just back up your saves on a usb or something.

If you have any grass mods installed, that could be where your problem lies. I had a similar problem on my rig recently. Mine isn't quite as beefy as yours, (r9 280, i5 4590) but even at just 2k textures and no ENB installed, I was getting drops down to 12 fps at times. Uninstalling the grass mod I was using (grass on steroids) instantly fixed it and I really didn't notice much of a difference in grass quality. I think I had conflicting mods or something.

If that's not your problem, then I would do what others have said and just clean install the game.