Desk cable management

xDanielxOossiex

Hey guys! I was just cleaning up my desk and I'm not so happy with these cables on my desk. Any way to get rid of them? (Btw, I have a small desk, 120x50cm and looking for something new.)

This is behind my monitor, on the desk:

post-195944-0-88924400-1453303613_thumb.

This is underneath the desk:

post-195944-0-65498100-1453303616_thumb.

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

This doesn't acctually look to bad... where is the issue? above or below?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

that's already a lot better than most people have their desk

the other thing you can try is getting some of these:

5b68fca9-fb31-4ed6-a6c9-807b51a09a5c_400

or these:

rail_image_02.jpg

and cutting and sleeving your cables to length, but it will make more problems when you decide to get a new desk and the cables are not long enough anymore

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

This is what it looks like from my angle on the cables: http://imgur.com/OC5PbqC

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

Staples and zip ties = life

Zip die the wires together, staple the tie to the desk (or ductape if you are worried about staples that you are never gunna see)

It looks as if the peasants have risen up, and found swords!

But their sword's look a little short, if you know what I mean!

Good! The squires need training anyway!

Biggest tip I can give is to let them hang loose until they are under the desk.. Stops you getting that big bunch on top, if thats what is annoying you.

I try let them fall somewhere naturally, like monitor goes straight off, mouse is the right side of the stand, keyboard is left side.. once they are over the edge, then tie / tape / tack them up as you want.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Put the cables under your desk?

Spoiler

Nihla

i5 4570k @ 4.20ghz 1.2v | Zotac 1060 AMP + Zotac 1070 ti Mini | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | X2 LG 29UC88

Hifiman HE4xx | Philips SHP9500s | Swans HiVi M10

This is what it looks like from my angle on the cables: http://imgur.com/OC5PbqC

pretty much get some Cable rails (Picture above)

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I have mastered the art of cable management and I will bestow my knowledge on to you :*

1. Command Strips/Hooks and *Velcro* strips (non of this non-reusable zip tie BS!). 
  2. Something like an Ikea Signum or Blu (?) box to route all your cables in (Blu Box out right hides them)
  3. If you don't care about your desk much (and have the proper tools), drill a cable management hole to route your cables through.

I'm at work so I can see the pictures so the above is just general advice. But the command hooks are my top tip (especially if your desk has a decent sized back to it (4-6 inches). That way you can mount all the cables behind the desk and never have to see them again. 

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

I use a 1'x3' section of pegboard hanging on hooks screwed into the back edge of the desktop, with everything - cables, power bricks, even my router - zip-tied to it.

When you flirt with Death, you run the risk that Death has something more serious in mind.

CCIE #4206