GTX 750 ti still good ?

agentagent47

as the title said, is it still good ? i was going to buy a r9 390 but i read some news that amd or nvidia (i think amd more) will launch their new graphic cards soon this year so i will buy something a bit low end and past the GPU down to my brother when he actually build his own PC around june. iam currently watching the R7 360 option..

Yeah it's quite efficient and easy to install and cheap, but take a look at the 950.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Not really that good anymore, my friend has it (he get's by on medium-high settings 30-70fps on most modern games gta/arma)... 

It really depends on what budget your after, your plan sounds good however.

Might add this later...

yes, it's great for 720p

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

The 750 ti is still a great option for temporary gpus. I prefer the 750 ti over the 950. Nvidia hasn't really released any 'groundbreaking' features that the 750 ti does not have.

My native language is C++

as the title said, is it still good ? i was going to buy a r9 390 but i read some news that amd or nvidia (i think amd more) will launch their new graphic cards soon this year so i will buy something a bit low end and past the GPU down to my brother when he actually build his own PC around june. iam currently watching the R7 360 option..

Nvidia will launch their new series of GPU's (Pascal) this year. AMD will launch their AMD FuryX2 this year. If I were you I would go for the R9 390.

EDIT: Make sure your system can handle the GPU. If not then go for an AMD R9 270(X) or R7 360.

You can also find r7 370s in the same price range sometimes which is better than the 750ti.

Pascal laptops guide

You can also find r7 370s in the same price range sometimes which is better than the 750ti.

i see..but about the same range i only got the 2gb model and i will feel guilty for not buying the 4gb model but then again i will feel guilty for not just buying the r9 380 but if i was going for that price i better off buy buy the r9 390 pfftttt...

the 750ti is the single best card that doesnt need a pci-e power connector.

if you have a pci-e power connector available theres defenately better options tho.

it is good, since no card even close with the price range (at least in my country)

I got it for $120 last year

The reason I upgrade is because witcher 3, which this card can handle it very well 60fps+ on normal

yes it's not such a powerhorse, but considering that game is the only game that my old GPU can't run it, I assume it will be useless since my most games are so light in term power requirement.

The only card that came close with price is R7 370 which is rebadge R9 270 at $170, which is require more powerful PSU if you don't have one yet.

but I've finally made up my mind since AMD already refuse to support their older line up, which is mostly on my other system (range from HD 5000-7000 series, soon will be R3-R7 series)

I just simply dissapointed with their decision, I've been dissapointed twice with older line up (Radeon 8000/9000, HD 3000-4000) so I decide to move on.

i see..but about the same range i only got the 2gb model and i will feel guilty for not buying the 4gb model but then again i will feel guilty for not just buying the r9 380 but if i was going for that price i better off buy buy the r9 390 pfftttt...

The R7 370 4GB isn't that great, almost the same performance of the R7 370 2GB

Pascal laptops guide

It's alright but if you are looking to buy a graphics card right now, you might want to consider newer GPUs from Nvidia or AMD. But for what it is and for its price it is still a good GPU for at least 720p gaming.

My setup

CPU i7 4770K 4.8 ghz 1.4V Motherboard MSI G-45z87 RAM 32gb 1600mhz hyperx ram GPU 3x Gtx 780ti Windforce GHZ edition Case NZXT Phantom 820 Storage 64gb SSD and a 500GB HDD PSU corsair ax1200i Display(s) 3x Acer S231HL Cooling h105 8 corsair af 120

I love my msi r9 390, i dont think youll have any regrets, but a little tip, try to get a freesync monitor with it for like the most ultimate experience ever, if you cant afford a freesync like me currently, then it might be smart to wait but just keep in mind every split second a new gpu comes along so in my opinion do what i did which is enjoy the moment, enjoy now, worry in a few years if you aleardy cant run games on highest settings constant 60fps..

Your choice though.

The GTX 750 Ti is currently good for light gaming, if you want more performance take a look at the fairly new GTX 950.

The 750ti would be a good temporary card for light gaming, but the 950 would be better for a heavier load