Will this RAM kit work with this workstation motherboard?

In the near(ish) future, I plan to upgrade this PC with a Q9400, GTX 580, and a cheap (but adequate) motherboard for a (hopefully) pretty damn good price/performance used build. I came across an HP xw4600 Workstation motherboard. I think I'm being a little paranoid about RAM (its price is almost suspiciously low for DDR2 as well) from how Linus talked about it being a pain to find the right RAM for his dual Xeon build a little while ago, but I figured it's probably fine if I made a thread just in case.

TL:DR - Will this RAM kit work with this motherboard?

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I know from personal experience that PC2-5300P and PC2-6400P server RAM won't work, you need unbuffered ECC RAM like PC2-6400E.

I know from personal experience that PC2-5300P and PC2-6400P server RAM won't work, you need unbuffered ECC RAM like PC2-6400E.

Okay, I'd assume that the "P" indicates buffered ECC RAM? What about F?

Also, what about RAM like this? I've seen a few of these that are "RDIMM", but don't mark what PC2 value it is.

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Okay, I'd assume that the "P" indicates buffered ECC RAM? What about F?

Also, what about RAM like this? I've seen a few of these that are "RDIMM", but don't mark what PC2 value it is.

That's all registered (buffered) RAM and will not work.  Unfortunately 4GB sticks of unbuffered DDR2 ECC RAM are really hard to come by for a decent price, I sold a 2x4GB kit for $100 just a few months ago.

That's all registered (buffered) RAM and will not work.  Unfortunately 4GB sticks of unbuffered DDR2 ECC RAM are really hard to come by for a decent price, I sold a 2x4GB kit for $100 just a few months ago.

Okay. Luckily the motherboard supports non-ECC RAM as well so I could still look at that as another alternative.

Okay. Luckily the motherboard supports non-ECC RAM as well so I could still look at that as another alternative.

Check the specs first because a lot of those WS boards only support 2x1GB of non-ECC RAM, anything more than 2GB and you'll need ECC.