At what volume do you listen to music?

silentmelodies

I want some info, as i think i might listen on way to high levels.

Post the following please:

Level: 80%
Headphones: AKG K44 V2

Impeadance @ 1KHz = 32 Ohms

DAC: Analog Devices AD1984

AMP: Maxim MAX9789SE

Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T61 Widescreen 15.4" 1680x1050
Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850
Arch Linux | Linux 4.3.X x86_64

Depends, headphones 10-20 volume for "normal" music.

50-80 when it's a club banger on headphones.

Speakers 20-40, and 100 when I'm home alone with my club bangers.

Depends, headphones 10-20 volume for "normal" music.

50-80 when it's a club banger on headphones.

Speakers 20-40, and 100 when I'm home alone with my club bangers.

my bangers broke my speakers be carefuel :P

Low volume, quiet/normal speech levels. I only increase it slightly rarely.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

HD 600's

100% on the AMP

100% on Windows

70% on foobar 2000.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

30% usually...

depends on ambient noise levels, source audio levels, and how pissed I am at my noisy neighbors (at which point I ditch my headphones, wear earplugs, and turn on my 3kW audio system on full blast)...

Loud - headset @ 50 ohm - 12 windows volume level

Medium - headset @ 50 ohm - 8 windows volume level

Speaker - don't know anything, think its Logitech Z10's - volume 2, I don't like loud speakers, I feel like I might annoy neighbours, animals and my family

This is with my built in sound in the Maximus VII Ranger, 600 OHM outputting amp (I think)

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Volume: 100% Computer Native Volume 30% Player Volume

Headphones: ATH-M50x

Type Closed-back dynamic

Driver Diameter 45 mm

Magnet Neodymium

Voice Coil CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire)

Frequency Response 15 - 28,000 Hz

Maximum Input Power 1,600 mW at 1 kHz

Sensitivity 99 dB

Impedance 38 ohms

Plugged into my 'MSI 670GM-P34(FX) (MSI-7641)  (Not the front case jacks, those are louder)

Stereo speaker Configuration

Realtek HD Audio Manager :No Enviroment - Bass Equalizer(It's what I'm used to and I love listening to more bass heavy music - NOT dubstep, not that kind of bass)

15' Left and 15' Right room correction

24bits, 192,000Hz (Studio Quality)

Thought I'd give you a better idea of how things sound to me and how I have my sounds set up

What volume do I listen to music?

7ba6c40414.gif

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

The highest my ears are comfortable with and also the highest I can get away with on my choice of public transport without annoying anyone...

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Well thats why my ears hurt all the time, i blast 80% all the time...

Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T61 Widescreen 15.4" 1680x1050
Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850
Arch Linux | Linux 4.3.X x86_64

Level: 50%
Headphones: Astro a40

Impeadance @ i have no idea

DAC: optical cable

AMP: astro a40 mixamp pro

Well thats why my ears hurt all the time, i blast 80% all the time...

Time to crank it down then my friend. You'll get used to it

Level: 50%

Headphones: Astro a40

Impeadance @ i have no idea

DAC: optical cable

AMP: astro a40 mixamp pro

Frequency Response
20-24,000 Hz

Distortion
THD < 0.1%

Nominal Impedance
48 Ohms

Ear Coupling
Over-Ear

If you're using the amp aswell with the TR version:

Frequency Response
10Hz-24,000 Hz

Power Output
100dB SPL at 125Hz (80% at 0dBFS)

I don't think it's practical to compare these things objectively unless you have a decent mathematical grasp of electricity and you have all the different amps' power ratings at each specific impedance level. This knowledge is pretty hard to come by. 

Level: 4% to 10% depending on the music

Headphones: Sony MDR-V6 (sensitivity 106dB/mW)

Impedance: 63 Ohms at 1kHz

DAC/amp: Steinberg UR22 with a maximum output power of 18mW. 

I'm actually not that knowledgeable in this subject. But if we assume that the MDR-V6's impedance doesn't cut the UR22's power output and the knob level affects the volume linearly (both of which I doubt),  then we can calculate that the lowest I listen to is approximately 76.32dB, and the highest is 190.8dB. That 190.8dB doesn't really make sense since I listen at a low level and 140dB is equivalent to a gunshot. However, at 10% I'm usually listening to part of a classical music track which is at a really low level, -45dBfs or less. 

Subjectively, I keep the level as low as possible while I can still barely hear the softest instrument or while I can still barely understand speech/lyrics. Listening at a low volume doesn't degrade the experience, really.

Frequency Response
20-24,000 Hz

Distortion
THD < 0.1%

Nominal Impedance
48 Ohms

Ear Coupling
Over-Ear

If you're using the amp aswell with the TR version:

Frequency Response
10Hz-24,000 Hz

Power Output
100dB SPL at 125Hz (80% at 0dBFS)

Are my astros good?

I have Siberia v2's and for what ever reason they are super quiet so I almost always have everything maxed while listening to them but when I'm using my speakers I rarely go over 50%. 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

This thread is pointless. As everyone is using different gear, percentage levels will not correspond in any way.

I don't think it's practical to compare these things objectively unless you have a decent mathematical grasp of electricity and you have all the different amps' power ratings at each specific impedance level. This knowledge is pretty hard to come by.

What's needed is a simple, quality decibel meter.

Depends on the music genre really, for hardcore/hardstyle I'd usually pick the loudest option possible. Since I go to festivals and such, they usually got their sounds at 125db up to 140/160ish. So a louder sound makes me feel like im there again, and thus experiencing it defferently.

Also from my experience (in the Netherlands) people often crank it up to max.

Since I go to festivals and such, they usually got their sounds at 125db up to 140/160ish. So a louder sound makes me feel like im there again, and thus experiencing it defferently.

If you actually had heard music that loud you'd be dead and have no eardrums left.

If you actually had heard music that loud you'd be dead and have no eardrums left.

Actually those are the actual values. They sell earplugs so you can protect em :).