4K Video - I need 8 hours of beautiful video... pls help

Simply, i need 8 hours (more or less) of scenery video / crap i can put on demo tv's and let play for at least 8 hours. 

Obviously this is allot of video and I can edit several videos together in adobe. 

I browsed around YouTube and all the good videos have this banner crap (for clear reasons) and others either are like 5 minutes or displeasing to look at... I really am not about to take 100 videos and slice them all together (again for clear reasons)

Pls i dont mind spending a dime (oc id prefer a free solution), its not mine anyways, so if anyone knows of a solution so long as it doesn't take a lotto winner to buy (that power ball doe) than pls help me.

Note 1080 video is FINE, but it needs to look dam gud so i can sell dem der TV's. Currently we have pictures rolling by as that was no problem to find but video is just much cleaner and more pleasing (and the boss said i got a week to do so)

Space and Nature are my main targets, not videos of people (Ty)

30 minute clip loop not really what im looking for...

Sleep is a good thing and im going to get some. Ty for all help I will be reading the rest of the things tmr.

(Best solution so far) looped several times

Edited by garthvater111

Just make a ~30 minute loop from short videos and cut and paste it onto the end so it repeats like 8.5 times?

That's all I got.

Sometimes you gotta be a bit creative :^)

I make bad life decisions.

Just make a ~30 minute loop from short videos and cut and paste it onto the end so it repeats like 8.5 times?

That's all I got.

Sometimes you gotta be a bit creative :^)

this idea seems like it just may work however it would be cool if a customer walked in to probably not see the same thing and i would kinda prefer differnt footage for most of to all my entire shift. Its a great back uo idea, im sure i can find 6 5 minute videos on yt.

ty

just get a 30 minute clip and loop it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

this idea seems like it just may work however it would be cool if a customer walked in to probably not see the same thing and i would kinda prefer differnt footage for most of to all my entire shift. Its a great back uo idea, im sure i can find 6 5 minute videos on yt.

ty

most people dont notice the loop :o

there are also 30min / hour vids on yt with 4k content

but you could also take some of the nice 8k content on yt

is it that bad if there s a little "brand" in the corner?

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

most people dont notice the loop :o

but you could also take some of the nice 8k content on yt

Senpi will notice...

also im not made of hard drives ;) but i will take a look, i never thought of that.

Why not just find several videos on YT or put on a movie or something with no sound? IDK what the laws are where you're from but it might be possible to put on a BluRay DVD or something?

so, this may be very far fetched, but there may be something rendered on the fly you can do.

something like android's moving wallpapers, but much better.

Why not just find several videos on YT or put on a movie or something with no sound? IDK what the laws are where you're from but it might be possible to put on a BluRay DVD or something?

How many 21:9 TV's do you think i carry... I.e reason for no blu ray movies. That said i may just head over to best buy and get a copy off planet earth with all the seasons and episodes now that you mention that as ik its in the regular 16;9.  Also 100 videos to edit together isnt something im interested in.

This guys videos are pretty fantastic in 4k.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

How many 21:9 TV's do you think i carry... I.e reason for no blu ray movies. That said i may just head over to best buy and get a copy off planet earth with all the seasons and episodes now that you mention that as ik its in the regular 16;9.  Also 100 videos to edit together isnt something im interested in.

I have no idea how many you carry because I'm not telepathic and you never listed any specific details in your OP.

Sounds like you've got a good idea though. 

so, this may be very far fetched, but there may be something rendered on the fly you can do.

something like android's moving wallpapers, but much better.

seems like allot of work to do somthing my self however the idea is solid and if i can find a software that does this it would probably be great however idk if it will be enough scenery. although im sure it could work in some intense color contrast for the oleds which would be great... 

ty

I can tell you in confidence that no one pays really close attention to those. It's a nice touch to see how the display looks, but most people don't care what's playing tbh

I can tell you in confidence that no one pays really close attention to those. It's a nice touch to see how the display looks, but most people don't care what's playing tbh

well, whatever its playing needs to be 100% perfect, there cant be a single flaw or people move on.

a lot of tv stores use some attention grabbing clips like skydiving to make the customer stop at the tv and look at what's going on.

well, whatever its playing needs to be 100% perfect, there cant be a single flaw or people move on.

a lot of tv stores use some attention grabbing clips like skydiving to make the customer stop at the tv and look at what's going on.

Like an action clip?

Well I was more referring to something that could properly demonstrate the color depth the panel is capable of.

Like an action clip?

Well I was more referring to something that could properly demonstrate the color depth the panel is capable of.

Attention is cool, but as said the color depth and things of the likes are what will make or break a sale. if a person is happy with the looks in store and they are looking to buy, they usually buy. if they dont like what they see on the tv but i tell them no its the picture it can do way better, i have lost sales because of it.

And yes it need to be flawless.

is it that bad if there s a little "brand" in the corner?

Not near as professional looking but its not that bad.

Why is the manufacturer not providing you with footage?

Do you wana look at a tv on a tv comparing different tv's. My thoughts the same... Its really all we get from them thou

I think I know just the thing for you. I was looking to play around with grading, and for some good cinema style footage, I ran into this YT channel, on which a film maker has released a TON of footage for anyone to use (I assume with some license that you would have to look at). I'm pretty sure all of them are in 4K and you can get the REDCODE RAW files in the download links in the descriptions of each video. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjJee-JAzoRRH5T0wqe7_tw?&ab_channel=IRIS32FREE4KUHDFREEFOOTAGE

They are also free of watermarks, although there are some on the YT videos, they aren't in the downloads.

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.

Do you wana look at a tv on a tv comparing different tv's. My thoughts the same... Its really all we get from them thou

I bought a TV last week. I didn't pay that much attention, you're overestimating people's attention. In fact, I liked the video loop, so when I saw something that looked amazing I could wait for it to come around again. And it was just sample footage by LG.

Nobody cares whether or not the content loops, they care that whatever is in the screen at a given moment looks good.

You could ask manufacturers for demo videos or look on eBay for original demo blu-rays.

Just grabbing something from the internet(except the licence allows it) is illegal, especially for commercial use.