Advice/Tips on PC Gaming

RedLineGamer

I will be soon buying an gaming pc, and I want some tips and advices on pc gaming. That says it all.

Buying gaming pc on janurary 2017!

Steam is a beautiful thing.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Dont be dumb and try to save a few $ that will not make you happy at the end. like me buying a 90 cpu and not 150-200 and getting 30% or more less performance.

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

SSD is bae

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

amd gpus can be better to price to performance, but not got all the kool things like hair works and shadow play.

Don't be bad at video games :)

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

for buying a gaming pc? build it yourself and save money

I am gonna build it. I can't believe oems cost $2000 or more even if its underpowered. Samsung desktops cost at least $1500 even they only have i5 and gt 730...

amd gpus can be better to price to performance, but not got all the kool things like hair works and shadow play.

IMO those things are a joke.

But I'm your resident AMD fanboy so don't listen to me.

I am gonna build it. I can't believe oems cost $2000 or more even if its underpowered. Samsung desktops cost at least $1500 even they only have i5 and gt 730...

If you give us your budget, we'll come up with the best option. Color choice, tower, whatever. :)

for buying a gaming pc? build it yourself and save money

what i tell people is that you have to know how to screw things down and plug things in. It is like buying a pc from ikea.

You think they're cool for 5 minutes, and then you forget about it

Performance per dollar > minor effects

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

1. Don't click on links sent to you by people you don't trust

make you account visible for you and friends only

don't hack

have fun

buy only the games you want and not the ones that are in a sale and have like 200 games you don't play

try to assess the good players from the hacking ones, learn from them(the good players) and don't just label anyone who kills you a hacker

learn to trash talk but don't make it personal

wear comfortable underwear when gaming so your hands stay where it needs to be, on your keyboard and mouse and not scratching and pulling at other things

If you are a competitive player then, you MUST fix your internet's quality by adjusting your latency, jitter, bufferbloat and QoS for your games, do this and you won't be sorry

get up and take a little walk in by your PC to not get "lazy" legs <----this is if you game for long periods.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

But I'm your resident AMD fanboy so don't listen to me.

I love shadow play tho and dont forget drivers

im not saying amd is bad tho

You think they're cool for 5 minutes, and then you forget about it

Performance per dollar > minor effects

I don't even use ShadowPlay, I don't see how everyone else does as well, it's not like they're big YouTubers or anything. And PhysX, wasn't Borderlands 2 like the last game to really use that?

I love shadow play tho and dont forget drivers

im not saying amd is bad tho

But what do you use ShadowPlay for? I've never had to use any screen recorders, I don't get paid to make YouTube videos or anything.

And AMD is really stepping up driver game. The Fury X is already faster than the 980 Ti (or just as fast in some cases) and even my old reference 290 runs next to a 970.

1. Don't click on links sent to you by people you don't trust
  2. make you account visible for you and friends only
  3. don't hack
  4. have fun
  5. buy only the games you want and not the ones that are in a sale and have like 200 games you don't play
  6. try to assess the good players from the hacking ones, learn from them(the good players) and don't just label anyone who kills you a hacker
  7. learn to trash talk but don't make it personal
  8. wear comfortable underwear when gaming so your hands stay where it needs to be, on your keyboard and mouse and not scratching and pulling at other things
  9. If you are a competitive player then, you MUST fix your internet's quality by adjusting your latency, jitter, bufferbloat and QoS for your games, do this and you won't be sorry
  10. get up and take a little walk in by your PC to not get "lazy" legs <----this is if you game for long periods.

Me

I don't even use ShadowPlay, I don't see how everyone else does as well, it's not like they're big YouTubers or anything. And PhysX, wasn't Borderlands 2 like the last game to really use that?

yea, never used PhysX in my life

yea, never used PhysX in my life

I have once, that flex demo is cool, but that is where it stops....

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: ASRock B150M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($83.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($42.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Sandisk Z400s 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($41.73 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($45.88 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card ($184.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Amazon)

Other: A cheap korean case ($15.00)

Total: $674.56

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-18 00:49 EST-0500

1. I am a south korean

2. Korea prices are high

3. Koreans use non 80plus psus and they also use cheap cases. Corsair spec 01, 02, 03 costs $100 here.

4. They don't care about quallity

5. I can't afford a psu over $55

6. High end corsair cases start from $500 to $800

For hardware:

- For a gaming PC don't bother going above an i5, you won't be using it

- If you must buy an aftermarket CPU cooler get one for silence not overclocks. Your CPU probably won't be a bottleneck

- Put most of your budget into the GPU because it's the one big bottleneck

- Find a way to fit an SSD into your build for your OS at the very least, you won't regret it

- A nice case is nice but it won't improve performance, spend your money wisely

- Don't build for what you think you might need build for what you need now

- Don't spend too much on your motherboard, just get a decent brand. These days it doesn't make a huge difference

For games:

- Install a chrome extension like Enhanced Steam to see whether the current price is the cheapest

- Humble bundle is your friend, so are sales

- Take advantage of deals where they give you a new game when you buy your GPU

- Use some self-control during sales. Is there something sitting in your backlog? Bargains you never play are not bargains

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing