Desktop NIC Port Teaming Issue

Hello All,

I am having a issue with port teaming my NIC's on my desktop running windows 8.1. I have a Asus motherboard the Sabertooth Z97 mark 1, which has dual NIC's. One NIC is a Intel 1218-V and the other is a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. When I go to configure the Intel NIC, I have the teaming tab at the top and when I team the two together, it puts both of them in a team and shows a virtual adpater has been made. Sounds like it worked right? Well not entirely, the virtual intel NIC is disabled by default and any attempt to enable it in Network Connections does not work, even though it says enabled in the dialog box as I'm trying to enable. In Device Manager it shows as enabled, and even the properties for the adapter says it is working properly and there are no issues. I also tried to use a Quad port Intel PRO/1000 from a Dell server I have (Drivers are a little weird with that card since it is old) but I was able to team them together and same issue, the virtual adapter is disabled and wont enable. I also have switches that support Link Aggregation, static or LACP and yes, they are already setup with the ports set and everything. The switches are Netgear GS108Tv2 Smart Switches. All drivers are up to date and I also have the latest Intel PROSet drivers.  Any ideas to try that I have not thought of would be much appreciated.

Also just to get this out of the way, because in other tech forums people are asking why I'm doing this instead of giving any advise/help or telling me that Link Aggregation is stupid and dead and has no benefits or I should just switch to 10Gbps (Like I'm Linus or something). I like to record gameplays, and I render videos on my server. I need the source files on my server for rendering after edit, and some of the files are anywhere from 500GB to 1TB so transferring files that large over a 1Gbps LAN is super slow and I am maxing out at 113MB/s when transferring. My hope is that going to 2Gbps LAN will help with cutting down the transfer times a little bit.

-snip-

NIC Teaming or Link Aggregation is not designed to speed up point-to-point connections so would not typically speed up your file copy unless you did some very specific tweaks that both computers and the switch need to support, which is unlikely. Link Aggregation is designed to increase bandwidth from a server to many clients as the load balancing hash algorithm is designed to do this. 

The only guaranteed way to speed up the file transfer is to upgrade to 10Gb.

You cannot team with two different brands unless you are using windows server or linux. And like lead said, unless you can somehow transfer with multiple tcp data streams, you will not see a performance boost.

Intel teaming is for intel cards only.

My native language is C++