I think I've finally got a linux setup I like and works.

I'm going to tl;dr this a bit, but basically I've always dabbled with using linux but eventually got frustrated at some small things.

I now feel I finally have a setup that works well.

http://i.imgur.com/7YCckr4.jpg

(image would break the site so linkie)

First the original distro is Crunchbang, but as this is for developing mainly a tiling window manger was required, as i know people using i3 I chose that. (I run vanilla crunchbang on my laptop still)

The rest of the common software is below

Window Manager: i3wm

Terminal: X-terminal-emulator

Music player: cmus

Vidoe player: vlc

IRC client: weechat

Browser: chromium

Editor: vim + plugins

And a hardware list can be found here.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/lutzee/saved/2ddD

So the problems I originally had was odd quirks like some DE's the scrolls speed was incredibly slow for some reason, moving 1 line at a time in browsers

There was always the problems of me having to shout at the AMD proprietary drivers to work with the multi-monitor setup

Plus more that I can't remember now, but this setup has fixed everything.

A couple of things I might add, 

Cmus is great, really nice and easy to use, and I want it in windows now (using foobar2000 atm)

i3wm took a bit of niggling to get some things working, as some things weren't really clear, but now its running and set up its great, how it splits the workspaces per monitor was a really nice touch.

I don't think I have much else to share, I just feel great that I finally have something I really like.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Very nice. I've been using 'awesome' WM for couple of years now. Check it out once you are 'bored' with this setup :)

Very nice. I've been using 'awesome' WM for couple of years now. Check it out once you are 'bored' with this setup :)

I've heard of awesome, and xmonad etc, and they are probably just as nice, I'll see how this goes :)

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

If you any other problems with this setup and looking for another switch. I'd recommend looking into elementary OS luna. I just started just using it and love it. I dont know why I've been using windows for so long. I've seen the light. Its like a mac os feel but imo better features. Able to add workspaces and my favorite feature I find myself using everyday is 'hot corners'.

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.