Should I enter pc gaming?

RedLineGamer
Go to solution Solved by Kinda Bottlenecked,

I only have 2 friends on xbox one, and 7 friends on ps4, but they are always offline and won't contact me anymore. Also, I did not meet them in real life.

My skype friends all play on pc, and I am going to play maplestory 2.

Then PC I guess. Since ultimately you'll want to have fun with your friends on the platform you play on.

I was an console gamer for 7 years, but suddenly, when I bought my ps4, the console felt too uncomfortable to me. I can't aim well with the controller, low graphics, blah blah blah, and so on. So, I was considering pc gaming for 2 years, and now I am planning to sell my $1400 used samsung laptop(released in 2014, I can sell it in $900) and get a gaming pc. But some console gamers said pc gaming sucks. But I wanna try pc gaming so badly, but I want to know if it's worth it. I don't care about upgrading and virus(we have free antivirus in south korea).

So, is pc gaming worth it? If so, I might go for an i5 6500 and a gtx 950(korea's prices are damn high)

Buying gaming pc on janurary 2017!

I was an console gamer for 7 years, but suddenly, when I bought my ps4, the console felt too uncomfortable to me. I can't aim well with the controller, low graphics, blah blah blah, and so on. So, I was considering pc gaming for 2 years, and now I am planning to sell my $1400 used samsung laptop(released in 2014, I can sell it in $900) and get a gaming pc. But some console gamers said pc gaming sucks. But I wanna try pc gaming so badly, but I want to know if it's worth it. I don't care about upgrading and virus(we have free antivirus in south korea).

So, is pc gaming worth it? If so, I might go for an i5 6500 and a gtx 950(korea's prices are damn high)

4rdOcQasKart.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

RyanTheCanadian

Network Administration / Systems Management and Security / White Hat

My computer is the definition of scrapyard wars.

Nah, not worth it. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Well it depends, what do you want to play?

And i mean.. if you ask PC gamers they maybe arrogant and just say "console gaming .. pfft plebs!!"..you got to see what you want to play, whether the price of buying a new set-up and games is worth it? Are you going to play triple A titles on pc, if not do you really need a top of the line rig?

Write a list of  pro's and cons and see for yourself =p. If you will play same games you can on console why not stick to it as it would save you money, but if you want to switch because you are not a fan of a controller then i guess you have to since there isnt much option for that =] 

I was a console gamer for many many years (5+ years).

I moved over to PC about 3 years ago and have never looked back. I love it.

Also, I still play console. You don't have to do one or the other, you can still do both.

I haven't upgraded my PC since I bought it either, and I feel it's still powerful enough for most of the games I play :)

Hope this helps! :)

Nah, not worth it.

Console's controllers are too damn uncomfortable, I keep dying even I practice.

Take it from a hybrid gamer, PC gaming offers a lot more than a console both in the enjoyment of games and technical benefits. However you have to be willing to throw in more money than a console to "unlock" some of those benefits. 

Take it from a hybrid gamer, PC gaming offers a lot more than a console both in the enjoyment of games and technical benefits. However you have to be willing to throw in more money than a console to "unlock" some of those benefits.

I am ready to throw a little money on a gpu upgrade.

Do it.

Really, there's nothing a console can that a pc can't.

If you end up disliking keyboard/mouse, you can just use the controller you already have to play on PC. Games are usually cheaper as well, and you need a PC for other things anyway.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Nah, not worth it. 

nah pc gamers only play on 30 fps

human cant see more :D  console such better much graphic race wow

you are able to play, work and do a lot of other nice things on a pc

its a bit more expensive than a console but depending on your hardware the games run with higher settings than a console

games are cheaper and sometimes there are nice bundles on humble etc

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

I am ready to throw a little money on a gpu upgrade.

I would tell you this if you're going to go through with it, find out exactly what games you want to play and make a table of the recommended specifications for each game and find out exactly how much you're going to need to spend to have a rig that will support you. After a few games you've looked at decide what sort of system specifications you need then match up some parts from RELIABLE manufacturers such as Corsair, EVGA, Asus, Nvidia etc. That will give you a budget. It will also be a good idea to have a decent monitor if you don't have one already, these days a 21"-24" 1080p monitor can be found cheaply.

A decent rig and monitor is the required foundations to have an enjoyable PC gaming experience, no point in going with a 950 if the games you want to play require more than a 950 can offer.

Please game on PC.

Once you come here, there is no looking back.

1080p 60FPS is standard.

I now play on a 2560x1440 monitor from Dell (P2416D).

And witcher 3 is awesome......

The amount of details you can see is just amazing.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

giphy.gif

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Dammit you had to post when i was finding images..... :(

I got mad skillz, son!

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I played console all my life from when I could hold a controller in 94 with the NES, up until 2014 when I got rid of my ps4 to build a PC...best decision ever.....fuck all the master race bull shit though.

Edit, I take it those console gamers who say pc gaming sucks have actually tried PC gaming properly? 

I would like to think I'm more than experienced enough with console to firmly say, pc is simply better...at everything and that's just how it is.
The only people who let PC gaming down are the shit head devs with some of there lazy ass ports, but most shit ports are just shit games anyway.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I would say yes. You really can't go wrong. For multiplayer gaming PC is just so much better than console. Many more MP titles that are much more interesting. Also when it comes to console it as far as I know still doesn't have anything like Steam,Origin,GOG, etc. so something like a client where people can easily chat, look at new games, go to forums, etc. all in one and I found the whole online aspect to be pretty terrible in that case. On PC you just have so many more games and options. You can game, go on the net, browse forums, watch vids, listen to music and do much more more comfortably and easily. It's an all in one experience where as with a console you can mostly only play games and watch movies/tv shows.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Console's controllers are too damn uncomfortable, I keep dying even I practice.

This Is VERY subjective, I personally prefer gamepads.

It depends, really on what you want to play, If all you do Is play AAA titles like Call of Duty theres no reason to get Into PC gaming IMO. If you are really an elitist and want better graphics and higher framerates then sure. But note that with a 950 you arent going to get hugely superior experience to consoles, simply beacuse they are so well optimized. Go for a cheaper CPU and a better GPU. Also, If your console gaming friends say that PC sucks It Is beacuse they are fanboys.

It depends, really on what you want to play, If all you do Is play AAA titles like Call of Duty theres no reason to get Into PC gaming IMO. If you are really an elitist and want better graphics and higher framerates then sure. But note that with a 950 you arent going to get hugely superior experience to consoles, simply beacuse they are so well optimized. Go for a cheaper CPU and a better GPU. Also, If your console gaming friends say that PC sucks It Is beacuse they are fanboys.

The OP listed trying to play shooters with analogue sticks as being a contributing factor to wanting to play on PC, so that might be a reason to switch even for Call of Duty.

I sure wouldn't use the term "well optimized" when talking about console games that often have to be rendered at 30 FPS and below native resolution. Plus, even if it were only as fast as a console (it's not, it's faster), you'd still have the option to tweak settings for either visuals or performance to your own preference.

The OP listed trying to play shooters with analogue sticks as being a contributing factor to wanting to play on PC, so that might be a reason to switch even for Call of Duty.

I sure wouldn't use the term "well optimized" when talking about console games that often have to be rendered at 30 FPS and below native resolution. Plus, even if it were only as fast as a console (it's not, it's faster), you'd still have the option to tweak settings for either visuals or performance to your own preference.

If all you play Is COD, you really shouldnt be spending the extra money on a PC.

If all you play Is COD, you really shouldnt be spending the extra money on a PC.

Yeah, you've said that twice now, and I still don't really know why you think so. In my opinion (since opinions are all this is about anyway), it's worthwhile to play on PC just for the controls.

Honestly, if literally all you'll do is play CoD, I'm not convinced it's worth buying a $400+ gaming console either. :P

Yeah, you've said that twice now, and I still don't really know why you think so. In my opinion (since opinions are all this is about anyway), it's worthwhile to play on PC just for the controls.

Honestly, if literally all you'll do is play CoD, I'm not convinced it's worth buying a $400+ gaming console either. :P

Gaming consoles are like 350$ + you get COD for free (Xbone bundles etc) So Its a much cheaper option than PC.