Hello LTT!

Megan

Hello members of LinusTechTips!

My name is Megan! 

I'm a recent fan of LTT and have been watching several YT videos, my favourite being 2 Gaming Rigs, 1 Tower I have decided to join after watching many videos!

I'm currently working on doing my own 2 Rigs 1 Tower project using my current hardware so you may see questions in regards to that! :)

Hope to get to know you all and so forth!

- Megan

Hi there, just out of curiosity, what "used hardware" are you talking about exactly? And why did you decide to do such project yourself (I mean, does it have any use to you?)

P.S. Always press "Follow this topic" on your own threads so you get notified with responses and quote people that you respond to, it really helps.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Welcome. Remember to eat your vegetables.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Heyo.
Planning on doing build log?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Welcome, welcome to LTT. You have chosen or been chosen to relocate to one of our finest internet forums :P

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

yCJqWAL.gif

Hey there! Welcome to LTT :)

Any plans on doing a build log or other type of thread on theat 2 gamers 1 PC build? Have heard a few people say they were gonna make something like that, but haven't seen anyone make it actually :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Welcome on LTT.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Joining the band wagon here... Feel like a broken record player just repeating what everybody else has said, but Welcome Megan. Hope you enjoy it here.

specs or it didn't happen

welcome

Intel i5 4960K OC'd to 4.5GHZ

Samsung 840 SSD 240GB 

2x1TB HDD's

Sandisk 64GB SSD

2x GTX 960 SSC

32GB of Ram

Z97X Gaming 5 - Not sure if it has IOMMU though so trying to find out.

Hi there, just out of curiosity, what "used hardware" are you talking about exactly? And why did you decide to do such project yourself (I mean, does it have any use to you?)

P.S. Always press "Follow this topic" on your own threads so you get notified with responses and quote people that you respond to, it really helps.

See above for specs but as for use.

I share a bedroom with my cousin at summer time, neither of us play intensive games, I recently added in my second GTX 960 (I wanted to be able to SLI so I could play GTA at a higher res, it was more cost effective for me to buy the second card than buy a better card) then I came across the LTT video of 2 rigs 1 tower and thought i'd give it a try. So I figured it would be a cool thing to do to allow him to be able to game along side me. 

Also thank you for the tip!

Heyo.

Planning on doing build log?

I'm not sure, probably not as it's not really building anything so much as it is setting up some software?

Samsung 840 SSD 240GB 

2x1TB HDD's

Sandisk 64GB SSD

2x GTX 960 SSC

32GB of Ram

I share a bedroom with my cousin at summer time, neither of us play intensive games, I recently added in my second GTX 960 (I wanted to be able to SLI so I could play GTA at a higher res, it was more cost effective for me to buy the second card than buy a better card) then I came across the LTT video of 2 rigs 1 tower and thought i'd give it a try. So I figured it would be a cool thing to do to allow him to be able to game along side me. 

I'm not sure, probably not as it's not really building anything so much as it is setting up some software?

Wishing you good luck then, it's going to be a very painful and troublesome process to set it up properly (most likely) but if you succeed, let us know how it went :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

My name is Megan! 

I'm a recent fan of LTT and have been watching several YT videos, my favourite being 2 Gaming Rigs, 1 Tower I have decided to join after watching many videos!

I'm currently working on doing my own 2 Rigs 1 Tower project using my current hardware so you may see questions in regards to that! :)

- Megan

Hi there :)

Welcome to the LinusTechTIps forum.

1. Read the code of conduct (Basically don't be mean to people)

2. Follow your thread to get notifications when there are new posts.

Enjoy your stay

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

- Megan

Shouldn't it have been "Hello members of the Linus Tech Tips Community"? It's okay though ...  :(

Welcome!

Wishing you good luck then, it's going to be a very painful and troublesome process to set it up properly (most likely) but if you succeed, let us know how it went :D

Out of curiousity, why do you think it will be very painful and troublesome? 

4690k, hm, you might be able to get away with that, bear in mind however that you'll each be running a vCPU equivalent to a G3258 (or thereabouts). were it a 4790k you'd have an i3 each to play on

out of curiosity, what's your Vcore and what's your cooling solution?

it's a pain in the ass to set up, Linus makes everything look easy

I've just done some research anyway and turns out my Mobo doesn't support IOMMU as for the CPU that'd be fine by me, essentially if the specs are as good as my laptop (which is terrible but can run LoL and Minecraft) then it'll be worth it.

Out of curiousity, why do you think it will be very painful and troublesome? 

Yeah, setting up things like that can be a nightmare. It's one of these things that sometimes should work but don't for some reason ;-;

Samsung 840 SSD 240GB 

2x1TB HDD's

Sandisk 64GB SSD

2x GTX 960 SSC

32GB of Ram

Nice specs very similar to my system welcome to the LTT forums. I would one day aim to do Linus' 7PC's one tower for my LAN room. Look forward to seeing pictures and build logs if you post them.

mudgee - Jedi System Builder

Nice specs very similar to my system welcome to the LTT forums. I would one day aim to do Linus' 7PC's one tower for my LAN room. Look forward to seeing pictures and build logs if you post them.

Currently it's out the window as my mobo doesn't support IOMMU so until I get one that does I won't be working on this project.

My name is Megan! 

- Megan

Hello Megan please ignore me if you find me offensive but i tend to get on with the female side...

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Currently it's out the window as my mobo doesn't support IOMMU so until I get one that does I won't be working on this project.

Just a bit unfortunate, at least they're still good system specs for general gaming. Half the problem with these projects is that most the time you need a bit of money behind it.

Just a bit unfortunate, at least they're still good system specs for general gaming. Half the problem with these projects is that most the time you need a bit of money behind it.

Luckily for me money isn't the issue it's actually the time that is to build them.

That being said until I get Linux running on my current specs 99% of my projects are dead in the water.

Luckily for me money isn't the issue it's actually the time that is to build them.

That being said until I get Linux running on my current specs 99% of my projects are dead in the water.

Yeah, I've noticed that Linus makes everything look like it takes no time at all when in reality it takes many hours if not days on some projects. I'm looking at doing some custom work to my current system but I can't really have it out of action for such a long time. Paint drying time and such.