i have a question about the i5 4460

Go to solution Solved by TheRandomness,

It'd be fine. Also, 380 all the way (because cheaper most of the time and up to 15% better performance (sometimes))

i am making a new build for myself with a gtx 960/r9 380 (whichever is cheaper at the moment) and im probably going to use the i5 4460 because of price/performance and the upgrade path the lga 1150 offers

my question is since the 4460 only has 16 pci lanes will the gaming performance of a x16 card be affected for having a pci wifi card installed on the board????

ps: (im likely to use the Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A which has a pci-e x16 3.0 slot)

Nope. Either card will be unaffected by the presence of the PCIe WiFi card.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

i am making a new build for myself with a gtx 960/r9 380 (whichever is cheaper at the moment) and im probably going to use the i5 4460 because of price/performance and the upgrade path the lga 1150 offers

my question is since the 4460 only has 16 pci lanes will the gaming performance of a x16 card be affected for having a pci wifi card installed on the board????

ps: (im likely to use the Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A which has a pci-e x16 3.0 slot)

No, it will be fine.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

wow that was a quick response thank you all guys preciate it

This forum moves quick. You're welcome. 

Also, a tip: In the top right of the thread, there is a button to follow the topic. It will give you notifications when someone replies to the thread. Also, use the "quote" button under people's posts to give them a notification that you have replied to them