Should I pay a profesional, or just buy new parts

QueenObama
Go to solution Solved by vanished,

I'll check again my Mobo is Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

What mobo fits my things i want for it ?

Here you go: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/lan/LAN_Realtek_V10_1_505_2015_Win10_S5_WOL.zip

From here https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97/HelpDesk_Download/

edit: nvm, ninja'd by OP :P

I have a computer currently and the parts are very old. they work but they are old and i think my Mobo is old drivers and just plain out old. I am getting Network Blue-screen crashes , and i am wondering if it would just be better to buy a new mother board under 160$ that has built in wifi and a working Ethernet port, rather then pay some guy 169$(the cheapest in San Diego) to Upgrade my BIOS and Install every new driver. I was planning on buying a 1k rig but considering i cant sell my rig that is bluescreening anymore I am thinking of just buying a new Mobo and Intel i56600k(or 4790k). Please comment anything useful

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

Then do whatever the fuck you were going to do anyway

definitely not worth $169 to upgrade the BIOS and install a few drivers... that takes a few minutes tops

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

You'd pay a guy $170 for something you can do like 10minutes before you go to bed??

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I've been trying for around 1 week  and can not find the right driver for my network problems. I am blue screening when downloading games from steam, and i asked for something useful.

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

Pay me 50 cents ill do it for you :3.

First thing to do to troubleshoot BSODs? Run memtest86 overnight.

All my components in my computer are fine its a network issue i cant figure out and cant locate the driver.

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

I've been trying for around 1 week  and can not find the right driver for my network problems. I am blue screening when downloading games from steam, and i asked for something useful.

well first step is to figure out if it is a hardware problem or a software issue.  If this happens often enough that you could be troubled to try something that will take long enough for a crash to probably happen, I have an easy way to know.  Boot up an Ubuntu live USB or something like that and use that for a while.  If it is still crashing, you've got faulty parts and you might be best taking it to a shop where they can diagnose and fix exactly what the issue is.  If it works fine, you have nothing more than a software issue (drivers, or something).  You could try just reinstalling Windows, or try to troubleshoot the issue from there.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

All my components in my computer are fine its a network issue i cant figure out and cant locate the driver.

I've never heard of a missing network driver causing a BSOD.  Are you absolutely certain it isn't a hardware problem?

Pay me 50 cents ill do it for you :3.

Ill pay you 10 bucks if you know a software that lets you control my computer

well first step is to figure out if it is a hardware problem or a software issue.  If this happens often enough that you could be troubled to try something that will take long enough for a crash to probably happen, I have an easy way to know.  Boot up an Ubuntu live USB or something like that and use that for a while.  If it is still crashing, you've got faulty parts and you might be best taking it to a shop where they can diagnose and fix exactly what the issue is.  If it works fine, you have nothing more than a software issue (drivers, or something).  You could try just reinstalling Windows, or try to troubleshoot the issue from there.

I tried reinstalling windows , i guess i can try Ubuntu whatever that is 

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

Buy a PCI express Ethernet card, uninstall motherboard networking drivers install card drivers, spend 15$.

Is there a card that is Ethernet and wifi ?

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

Ill pay you 10 bucks if you know a software that lets you control my computer

I tried reinstalling windows , i guess i can try Ubuntu whatever that is 

Well, the issue probably resides in the hardware failure over time so i don't think it would be much of a help anyways.

I've never heard of a missing network driver causing a BSOD.  Are you absolutely certain it isn't a hardware problem?

I got a free diagnostic and they said it was driver related but wanted 160 bucks to fix it i said thanks and ill get back to you (i.e never calling again) also the Bsod are all different, 

post-199237-0-39606100-1452667084_thumb.

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

I got a free diagnostic and they said it was driver related but wanted 160 bucks to fix it i said thanks and ill get back to you (i.e never calling again) also the Bsod are all different, 

Hm, well that does all look like driver problems... have you tried just installing the right driver?  Why is that an issue?

What would be the point of having 2 things on a card that are designed to do the exact same thing?

well in my room i cant get ethernet unless i wired it under the door to the other side of the house , but id like to have it in case I need it (my mobo one doesn't work)

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

Hm, well that does all look like driver problems... have you tried just installing the right driver?  Why is that an issue?

Yep but i cant locate the driver

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

Yep but i cant locate the driver

It should be on the manufacturer's website

By a new mobo. Paying a guy $169 for upgrading the bios and installing new drivers ain't worth it.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

It should be on the manufacturer's website

By a new mobo. Paying a guy $169 for upgrading the bios and installing new drivers ain't worth it.

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

Here you go: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/lan/LAN_Realtek_V10_1_505_2015_Win10_S5_WOL.zip

From here https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97/HelpDesk_Download/

edit: nvm, ninja'd by OP :P

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

Just Installed the latest LAN drivers, from this website http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_EVO_R20/HelpDesk_Download/ which others should I install for Wifi related stuff

well, you could update the bios while you're there

Just needed to quote you

How do i instal .CAP files for a BIOS update

Listen, Smile, Agree.