Cooling an i3 6100?

iamdarkbowser

Which cooler would be the best for this processor that is not totally OP. I want it to be relatively small and light. 

Edit: If I will be watercooling my graphics card will it be worth watercooling it as well?

The stock cooler. 

WHOA 

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

The stock cooler. 

I am so use to stock coolers not being good enough that I did not even consider that, thanks. 

I am so use to stock coolers not being good enough that I did not even consider that, thanks. 

The stock cooler is usually good and quiet for locked i5s and i3s. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Id get a 212 EVO, worth it for such a small price.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

WHOA 

stock actually does really well on an i3, just keep the dust out.

on topic watercooling gpu, using an i3, something isnt quite prioritized right here...

... Guys, the i3 6100 isn't 'locked'. You can overclock ANY Skylake CPU on Z170 series boards or any motherboard from Supermicro. BIOS updates on those motherboards enable base-clock overclocking.

I'd recommend a Hyper 212 EVO, or even a Corsair H60 to push it further.

... Guys, the i3 6100 isn't 'locked'. You can overclock ANY Skylake CPU on Z170 series boards or any motherboard from Supermicro. BIOS updates on those motherboards enable base-clock overclocking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOg8qYIjl9U

Yes but does he intend to over clock. And how do you know he even has a board that supports over clocking non-k CPUs.

Its not that bad for lower end CPUs. For higher end i5s and more with i7s it just doesn't deliver. You are good. And if you need something thats more silent, almost any 92-120mm tower and topdown cooler will do fine. 

BCLK OC isn't what I consider real OC. You are moving very slowly and are more limited than with multiplier style OC.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv