Polaris already on show @ CES 2016

Jahramika

So Polaris will be on the shelf's for back to school. When will we get info on Pascal?

So Polaris will be on the shelf's for back to school. When will we get info on Pascal?

I think I heard somewhere it would be around 5-8 months from now.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

No idea. And nobody here knows either. Fact is, nobody knows anything.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

depends on your definition of back to school. my back to school is in 2 weeks and I don't see no gpu

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Funny though if pascal wont have such impact in watt per performance than invidia will lose her huge advantage over AMD makin AMD reborn in GPU segment (which is good even if they do it on purpose cuz that makes GPU market more open to normal customers for nice high GPUS:P).

That begin said the Pascal will have HBM memory too makin another punch for amd cuz of ram bus . Only time will the truth (i am rooting for red team even thou i like nvidia that i have now than my previous rad :P)

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

PSU EVGA 750 W GOLD G2, MOBO Msi z170A Gaming M3, CASE NZXT H440 Black/Blue,

GPU Geforce GTX 980 Gigabyte G1 Gaming,

STORAGE 1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB and 1 HDD 500GB WD, Windows 8.1.

depends on your definition of back to school. my back to school is in 2 weeks and I don't see no gpu

My back to school was a week ago :P Not a very good measurement of time if you ask me.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

My back to school was a week ago :P Not a very good measurement of time if you ask me.

it shure does match the randomness and unknown date of the amd announcements tho

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

good troll good troll ... its obvious he is talkin about september past the vacation season ;p

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

PSU EVGA 750 W GOLD G2, MOBO Msi z170A Gaming M3, CASE NZXT H440 Black/Blue,

GPU Geforce GTX 980 Gigabyte G1 Gaming,

STORAGE 1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB and 1 HDD 500GB WD, Windows 8.1.

If by out you mean in a laptop, then yes. Q2

You've gotta stop saying this, there's no backing for it.

4790k 4.9GHz @ 1.375v, HD 7970, 850 EVO SSD's, Corsair 750D Airflow Edition, SeaSonic 860w Platinum.

You've gotta stop saying this, there's no backing for it.

Yes there is :lol: , they said so at CES.

I live in Vegas :P

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Yes there is :lol: , they said so at CES.

I live in Vegas :P

They're not going to debut their new GPU in laptops brah.

4790k 4.9GHz @ 1.375v, HD 7970, 850 EVO SSD's, Corsair 750D Airflow Edition, SeaSonic 860w Platinum.

They're not going to debut their new GPU in laptops brah.

Yes, yes they are. They had it running at CES. I think even Linus covered it. Polaris is about power consumption for battery life.

Yes, yes they are. They had it running at CES. I think even Linus covered it. Polaris is about power consumption for battery life.

No, Polaris is the name of the architecture that will be used in all of Arctic Islands. Essentially, Polaris is the new name for GCN or it's successor or whatever.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

No, Polaris is the name of the architecture that will be used in all of Arctic Islands. Essentially, Polaris is the new name for GCN or it's successor or whatever.

Yes, you're coming in mid conversation. The Polaris architecture will debut q2 in mobile and low end graphics cards.

Yes, you're coming in mid conversation. The Polaris architecture will debut q2 in mobile and low end graphics cards.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Yes, they said that themselves. Sure my wording could have included the caveat that there are other considerations but for the mobile market the architecture is debuting in that's a huge benefit.

Yes, they said that themselves. Sure my wording could have included the caveat that there are other considerations but for the mobile market the architecture is debuting in that's a huge benefit.

You're not wrong, it's just confusing for other people who might not know when you say that. To be honest, it was confusing to me too, until I read the slides AMD released.

You're not wrong, it's just confusing for other people who might not know when you say that. To be honest, it was confusing to me too, until I read the slides AMD released.

As I said, openly admit I wasn't careful enough with the wording and appreciate the correction.

No. Just because FinFET is going to improve performance per watt doesn't mean that's all it'll improve. Polaris will launch with desktop gaming gpu's and gaming laptops.

http://wccftech.com/amd-confirms-polaris-gpus-released-school-season-desktops-laptops/